LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
Originally posted by jrg:
to you guys!

Now, sweep them!

LOcke pitched great tonight...didn't get the run support tho.

How many good teams are we gonna have to beat before we start getting headlines?

Yep, Locke and Colon both pitched well.

Who knows. I'm impressed w/ your team though. Mentioned that when you took the series from my Cardinals. A lot of players that may be "unknown", but are damn good ball players.

Josh Donaldson not being in the AS Game is an example.

Donaldson got snubbed, but he has 2 things working against him. As much as fans like to believe its all about play from April through June, theres a veteran advantage. Donaldson is new to the "all-star caliber player" club. Plus Cabrera and Machado being on the team already blocked him. Plus Beltre was left off, and he deserves it more, so while he was snubbed, there were 3 3B more deserving.

The beef should really be Leyland picking Torii Hunter and Jhonny Peralta.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Donaldson got snubbed, but he has 2 things working against him. As much as fans like to believe its all about play from April through June, theres a veteran advantage. Donaldson is new to the "all-star caliber player" club. Plus Cabrera and Machado being on the team already blocked him. Plus Beltre was left off, and he deserves it more, so while he was snubbed, there were 3 3B more deserving.

The beef should really be Leyland picking Torii Hunter and Jhonny Peralta.

Cabrera was more deserving, no doubt about that. The other 2 had great first halves along with Donaldson but I don't think the other 2 were more deserving
Donaldson has been lights out defensively, along with the other 2.
Donaldson has the highest BA out of the 3, although it's just a single digit difference.
Donaldson has 9 more HRs than Machado, Beltre has 2 more than Donaldson.
Donaldson has a OBP of .386, 42 points higher than Machado, 32 more than Beltre.
Donaldson has the highest Slugging % out of the 3.

Only thing Machado has over Donaldson is doubles, which is irrelevant since Donaldson has nearly 3 times the HRs he has.
Only thing Beltre has over Donaldson is 2 more HRs, which isn't much.

I think the hype of Machado being just 21 and a young phenom is what overshadows Donaldson, and the fact that Beltre's done it the last 10 years does the same.

But the bottom line is the A's are the 1 win away from having the best record in all of baseball, and Donaldson is a huge huge reason why. He's been the MVP of the team so far, easily. It's a shame he's not on the all star team.
susanslusser 44s
Yoenis Cespedes is in the All Star Home Run Derby. #Athletics

Originally posted by Ballistic:
susanslusser 44s

CAMPEONATO
f**k. YES.
susanslusser 44s

yes!
dudes gonna smash

i cry erytim
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
susanslusser 44s

CAMPEONATO

I'm actually gonna watch the damn Derby this year.
I'm actually gonna watch the damn Derby this year.

Lol this
was not planning on watching, now I'll make sure I don't miss it
TONIGHT VS THE PIRATES

Coco 8
Reddick 9
Donaldson 5
Lowrie 6
Home Run Derby 7
Jaso 2
Moss 3
Sogard 4
Straily 1

damn. The A's are doing big things. Championship?
TONIGHT VS THE PIRATES

Coco 8
Reddick 9
Donaldson 5
Lowrie 6
Home Run Derby 7
Jaso 2
Moss 3
Sogard 4
Straily 1

haha nice
susanslusser 44s

AWESOME
Flicked on the tv and saw Pitt v oak, switched it on to watch and the damn rays game is on
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Flicked on the tv and saw Pitt v oak, switched it on to watch and the damn rays game is on
"Rain" delay. I use the quotes because it didn't actually rain at all during that
Share 49ersWebzone