There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
You guys might want to wait until the actual game before you keep complaining about Donaldson. Hes going to be selected as a replacement. In 2011 Andrew McCutchen got snubbed, and the Pirates fans ended up looking dumb for all the whining they did after he was added to the roster a few days later.
Leyland basically had 3 guys to choose from and he went with Jason Kipnis and Manny Machado over Donaldson. All 3 were deserving but I would have gone with Donaldson over Machado this time around. I dont think he should have to just get in as an injury relacement.

this
I would've considered Beltre over Machado as well.

Yep. Me too.
Grant Green called up and will play 2b today excited to see what he can do. And a good move to see what he gives us before we trade for a second baseman

Yes! Can't wait! This should be a good series against the Pirates.
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Grant Green called up and will play 2b today excited to see what he can do. And a good move to see what he gives us before we trade for a second baseman

Yes! Can't wait! This should be a good series against the Pirates.

It's nice to see Green's name there instead of Rosales'

Rosies a nice guy and a class act, I was rooting for him to do well, but the guy just sucked lol
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jul 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM ]
no RH on the bench? Thats odd
Originally posted by valrod33:

righty heavy vs a lefty today
I'm guessing whoever is pitching against has us some bad splits on righties/lefties because Reddick has been hot and he's on the bench. Maybe just wants to give him a day off
Originally posted by valrod33:

righty heavy vs a lefty today
I'm guessing whoever is pitching against has us some bad splits on righties/lefties because Reddick has been hot and he's on the bench. Maybe just wants to give him a day off
Makes sense, I dont follow you the A's much so I thought this was your normal lineup
It's nice to see Green's name there instead of Rosales'

Rosies a nice guy and a class act, I was rooting for him to do well, but the guy just sucked lol

I agree. Rosales had some bright spots, but just not consistent enough. I jumped for joy when I saw this on Facebook lol
The Athletics and Rangers have been separated by one-half game or fewer in the AL West for 13 consecutive days.

just keep winning series
Susan Slusser ‏@susanslusser2h
Grant Green says he was speechless when Steve Scarsone said he was coming up. He thought Scarsone was joking.

Jane Lee ‏@JaneMLB3h
Green says it all sunk in when his mom, Valerie, started crying on the phone. Dad Gregg was running and yelling around the house.

watching Bartolo bat/run is good comedy
watching Bartolo bat/run is good comedy

LMAO I was just thinking the same thing
Balfour coming in with one run lead and saves streak record on the line....

**Knocks on wood**
Nice NL scratch it out win.
Big W
Dat RAGE

41 consecutive saves, in the record books

Towny on postgame