There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Oakland A's thread

sorry, posted right before my phone went dead as I was leaving the ball park...
just thought it was a really cool idea to be able to watch the opener from Safeco even though it was an away game (especially for free!)
I would have paid to go to the C-Link to watch the Hawks in Atlanta ... just fun to be in the venue even when your team's away.

Hardly rubbing it - in last time I checked the calendar, it was April 1st
Felix does seem to know the A's and Yanks well. Now if he could just figure out those dang Halos
How bout them Halos Lisa
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
sorry, posted right before my phone went dead as I was leaving the ball park...
just thought it was a really cool idea to be able to watch the opener from Safeco even though it was an away game (especially for free!)
I would have paid to go to the C-Link to watch the Hawks in Atlanta ... just fun to be in the venue even when your team's away.

Hardly rubbing it - in last time I checked the calendar, it was April 1st
Felix does seem to know the A's and Yanks well. Now if he could just figure out those dang Halos
It seems like every year the A's open the season against the Mariners and this dude is on the hill killing it. I almost think the schedule makers are doing it on purpose and frankly I'm getting quite sick of it. Is it too much to ask to be able to win on opening day every once in awhile?

Good win, you guys always seem to play us tough.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
It seems like every year the A's open the season against the Mariners and this dude is on the hill killing it. I almost think the schedule makers are doing it on purpose and frankly I'm getting quite sick of it. Is it too much to ask to be able to win on opening day every once in awhile?

Good win, you guys always seem to play us tough.

thanks. but it's hard to forget the 2-17 several years ago
I must say, I was really rooting for the A's last season - was fun to see some relatively new blood after the years of Angel red and Texas blue....

I'm sure you guys probably saw this, but...

https://twitter.com/JaneMLB/status/318890131195052033/photo/1
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
It seems like every year the A's open the season against the Mariners and this dude is on the hill killing it. I almost think the schedule makers are doing it on purpose and frankly I'm getting quite sick of it. Is it too much to ask to be able to win on opening day every once in awhile?

Good win, you guys always seem to play us tough.

thanks. but it's hard to forget the 2-17 several years ago
I must say, I was really rooting for the A's last season - was fun to see some relatively new blood after the years of Angel red and Texas blue....

I'm sure you guys probably saw this, but...

https://twitter.com/JaneMLB/status/318890131195052033/photo/1

Yeah that was pretty much THE reason we made it to the playoffs in 2006 so thanks for that.

And no I actually didn't see that but a pretty cool gesture on Felix's part. Dude's a stud and he'll definitely be in the HOF if he can stay healthy.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Apr 1, 2013 at 11:40 PM ]
  • IT21
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,092
Derrick Norris sucks, I don't ever want to see him pinch hit again, I don't care what the situation is.
The atmosphere was awesome, especially in the 8th inning. Seemed like all 35,000 people were standing and yelling their ass off and waving their rally towels. The crowd was awesome

that is all
We had zero chance last night. I was hoping we would have pulled something out but not to my surprise, we score zero runs. We need to take advantage of the next few games then onward to Houston.
  • IT21
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,092
Originally posted by socalfan21:
We had zero chance last night. I was hoping we would have pulled something out but not to my surprise, we score zero runs. We need to take advantage of the next few games then onward to Houston.

We had one chance. Bases loaded in the 8th inning down 2-0, when Felix isn't pitching is a very good chance. Too bad Derek Norris was our chance lol

I'm not surprised we lost 2-0 at all. I didnt expect to score until we knocked Felix out of the game. Unfortunately that didn't happen until the 8th inning.
Getting so sick of kinge Felix on opening day. He was laughing his ass off when we boo'd him in player introductions though lol
Hey now!
Parker is struggling tonight.
Facepalm.... Epic facepalm.
We're getting some good swings, ball's just aren't traveling. Yet Morse manages to barely sneak his over the fence for a 3 run homer.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Apr 2, 2013 at 8:26 PM ]
Which OF would the A's be interested in moving?
Parker has no out pitch tonight.
  • IT21
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,092
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Which OF would the A's be interested in moving?

none?

Cespedes in 2.5 years