LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I feel bad for Oakland, I think the teams there should stay there

Or, at least in Fremont (what happened to that plan?)

The East Bay will be deserted. After the Dubs leave, if the A's leave, the only team left will be the Raiders and that ain't right. Everybody wants that Silicon Valley paper.
That plan fell apart when the real estate market collapsed. That whole plan depended on a large residential development being built around the stadium and that is no longer a valid business model.

As someone who grew up in Oakland, it is sad that all the sports teams want to leave, but they did it to themselves. Oakland politicians want to play the victim card but if they want to blame somebody they should look at themselves in the mirror.
Originally posted by jrg:
can't wait for cardinals/athletics coming up

Hopefully it doesn't turn into a s**t show (literally).
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Should be an interesting series. Athletics have surprised me this year.

Should be:

Lyons (although he may be gone soon) @ Colon
Miller @ Straily
Wainwright @ Parker

Should be:

Miller @ Straily
Wainwright @ Parker

Maybe I should be more clear...hopefully s**t doesn't come out of your showers instead of water. It happened after the last game of our most recent homestand.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Should be:

Miller @ Straily
Wainwright @ Parker

Maybe I should be more clear...hopefully s**t doesn't come out of your showers instead of water. It happened after the last game of our most recent homestand.

LOL

Should be:

Miller @ Straily
Wainwright @ Parker

LOL

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130617&content_id=50920270&notebook_id=50919742&vkey=notebook_oak&c_id=oak

That's the official fluff piece version. In reality I bet it was much worse.
About time SJ sued.
Nice win against Darvish, and it means at worst the a's leave Texas with the division lead still.
Bottom line, the Giants are and have been acting with bad faith. Before Wolff purchased the team, there was a very pro Oakland group of investors that got blocked by the MLB. One of the reasons cited was local opposition, only when they interviewed one of the principal investors, he said that the Giants had been financing these groups against an ownership group that was gung ho about keeping the A's in Oakland. The reality of the situation is that the Giants don't want the A's in Oakland and they damn sure don't want them in Dan Jose. Even Fremont and Sacramento could be too close for comfort. Essentially the Giants want the entire NorCal region to themselves, so f**k the A's and their fan base, they can head off to Portland or Vancouver for all they care.

This is why I hope this lawsuit is successful and the MLB tells the Giants to go shove it. They don't want any amicable resolution to this, they want the A's gone period.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Bottom line, the Giants are and have been acting with bad faith. Before Wolff purchased the team, there was a very pro Oakland group of investors that got blocked by the MLB. One of the reasons cited was local opposition, only when they interviewed one of the principal investors, he said that the Giants had been financing these groups against an ownership group that was gung ho about keeping the A's in Oakland. The reality of the situation is that the Giants don't want the A's in Oakland and they damn sure don't want them in Dan Jose. Even Fremont and Sacramento could be too close for comfort. Essentially the Giants want the entire NorCal region to themselves, so f**k the A's and their fan base, they can head off to Portland or Vancouver for all they care.

This is why I hope this lawsuit is successful and the MLB tells the Giants to go shove it. They don't want any amicable resolution to this, they want the A's gone period.

Yup:

http://www.modbee.com/2010/01/23/1019702/piccinini-reflects-on-as-deal.html

Should infuriate anyone from the pro-Oakland crowd....been sabotaged for years

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Yup:

http://www.modbee.com/2010/01/23/1019702/piccinini-reflects-on-as-deal.html

Should infuriate anyone from the pro-Oakland crowd....been sabotaged for years

Eleven years later, we can only fantasize about Piccinini's owning the A's. He surely would have restored the revered Haas family's team-community lovefest.Piccinini had the wealth — and he's even wealthier now — to lead the charge for a privately built ballpark.

I'll take a split with the rangers.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I'll take a split with the rangers.

Ya, since it's in Arlington.
hopefully we win tomorrow
Otero had no business being in the game at the point he was brought in. I have absolutely no idea what BoMel was thinking.
Otero had no business being in the game at the point he was brought in. I have absolutely no idea what BoMel was thinking.

why's he still on our team?
thought he was gonna gtfo theday after his appearance after the 18 inning game
Share 49ersWebzone