LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
Ok, so...does anyone want to weigh in on the Coliseum sewage situation from yesterday?

something went wrong with the pipes, flooded both teams locker rooms, there was raw sewage (s**t and piss ) in some of the water. Both teams ran up and used the raiders' locker room and shared showers, so Felix saw Cespedes' large kak

I bet the Mariners are loving their Oakland road trip.
Originally posted by Niners99:

The series win, yes.
The clubhouse situation, apparently, not so much . . .

Ryan Divish ‏@RyanDivish20h
It was a like watching a deleted scene from Money Ball.

Shannon Drayer ‏@shannondrayer21h
Never seen anything like this before. Get these poor people a new stadium. #A's

Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

The series win, yes.

Thanx for the commiseration mariners...would've been hilarious and karmic justice if this had happened when the Giants were visiting!!!
Rangers punked us tonight. We have this game away.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

The series win, yes.

Thanx for the commiseration mariners...would've been hilarious and karmic justice if this had happened when the Giants were visiting!!!

The A's can cry all they want about how its not fair that the Giants are blocking them, but the south bay is Giants territory. Both on the map, and among the fan support. I dont even know how the A's used to have it. It means a TON to the team to have that territory. Thats where the majority of their fans live, its where their corporate sponsors are all located, and its where future generations of Giants fans will come from. You cant just barge in and take it because you want a stadium. The A's needing a new place to play shouldnt be the Giants problem.

The Giants used to play in a dump, and have crappy teams with small payrolls, and they worked there way out of it. The A's should figure it out without trying to take our assets for themselves.
The A's can cry all they want about how its not fair that the Giants are blocking them, but the south bay is Giants territory. Both on the map, and among the fan support. I dont even know how the A's used to have it. It means a TON to the team to have that territory. Thats where the majority of their fans live, its where their corporate sponsors are all located, and its where future generations of Giants fans will come from. You cant just barge in and take it because you want a stadium. The A's needing a new place to play shouldnt be the Giants problem.

The Giants used to play in a dump, and have crappy teams with small payrolls, and they worked there way out of it. The A's should figure it out without trying to take our assets for themselves.

this is funny because if it weren't for the A's, the giants would be the Tampa bay giants
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

this is funny because if it weren't for the A's, the giants would be the Tampa bay giants

I love how A's fans try and take credit for "saving" the Giants. Major League Baseball made you guys do it. There's no reason the A's would've tried to prevent an 11th hour move to Tampa Bay. You guys stood a ton to gain from it. Major League Baseball was very much interested in keeping one of their classic franchises in the bigger market, who already had nearly 35 years of history in SF.

When the Magowan investment group jumped in to save the team, giving up those territorial rights was just a necessary move to finalize the process. The MLB office basically told the A's what was going to happen. They didn't want to send a team with such baseball history out to play in a Costco warehouse in Florida. Like I said, the south bay was Giants territory in fan population anyways.

I don't think its nearly as much about "finding a new home" as it is Lew Wolff trying to get his foot in the door to the silicon valley corporate game. Of course he wants to move to SJ, he can strike it rich as a baseball owner there. The Giants aren't just going to let him walk right in. On top of practically being the home base for Giants fans, its a highly profitable area that the Giants counted on as part of the private financing of AT&T Park.

There is a way to build a stadium in the east bay, the A's just aren't as interested because SJ is the prize location.
If MLB can force us to give up land for the Giants, I guess the same could be said in this scenario.

The city of San Jose will file an antitrust lawsuit against Major League Baseball on Tuesday, according to NBC Bay Area.

The city will be represented by a private law firm and seek past damages for preventing the Oakland A's from moving to San Jose.

San Jose Mayor Chuck Reed will discuss the lawsuit around 2 p.m.
IT'S ON!!!!

http://newballpark.org/2013/06/18/san-jose-city-council-votes-to-sue-mlb/

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
IT'S ON!!!!

http://newballpark.org/2013/06/18/san-jose-city-council-votes-to-sue-mlb/

we gonn get AT&T park!
we gonn get AT& T park!
Awww SnapZ!
Its about motherf**king time. f**k the Giants, seriously, they took an act of kindness on the part of Walter Haas to help keep them from moving to Florida by making it easier to build a stadium in San Jose and have turned it into some sort of ironclad law now.

After four years, MLB has no excuses for not having at least taken a vote on this issue, due to their fear of losing their anti-trust exemption, they'll do everything possible to keep this out of court, including bribing the Giants to just simply deal with it.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Its about motherf**king time. f**k the Giants, seriously, they took an act of kindness on the part of Walter Haas to help keep them from moving to Florida and have turned it into some sort of ironclad law now.

After four years, MLB has no excuses for not having at least taken a vote on this issue, due to their fear of losing their anti-trust exemption, they'll do everything possible to keep this out of court, including bribing the Giants to just simply deal with it.

The lead attorney will be on 95.7 the game at 12:15. hopefully I catch the details because I'm sitting in my car waiting for my 12:30 class
If the A's really wanted to they could just move to Levi's Stadium
Share 49ersWebzone