LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 359 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
This! he hadn't pitched in 8 days then turns around and saves the game!
I thought that dude sucked balls
hopefully this wasn't a fluke and he can actually be our decent long reliever for the remaining of the season
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I thought that dude sucked balls
hopefully this wasn't a fluke and he can actually be our decent long reliever for the remaining of the season

I hope so too cause I thought he sucked as well. Probably why he hasn't pitched in a while lol
I left LA to drive to Sacramento to see my family for the weekend at around the 8th inning. The game had barely finished 3 hours later when I stopped half way to get gas lol.

Wonderful performances by the pitching staff, ugly performance by the offense. Chris Young is terrible. This game was brutal on everyone but he just stands out as having awful swings. I really think that when Cespy-Crisp-Reddick are playing the DH should be Smith/Moss/Frieman over Young (depending on the platoon situation).

In any case, time to look for a high batting average guy to trade for, especially with Lowrie and Donaldson cooling off a bit more lately. Need more baserunners.
[ Edited by captveg on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:57 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
I left LA to drive to Sacramento to see my family for the weekend at around the 8th inning. The game had barely finished 3 hours later when I stopped half way to get gas lol.

Wonderful performances by the pitching staff, ugly performance by the offense. Chris Young is terrible. This game was brutal on everyone but he just stands out as having awful swings. I really think that when Cespy-Crisp-Reddick are playing the DH should be Smith/Moss/Frieman over Young (depending on the platoon situation).

In any case, time to look for a high batting average guy to trade for, especially with Lowrie and Donaldson cooling off a bit more lately. Need more baserunners.

I just wish we decided to go after a different bat than Chris Young in the off season. It's a shame he's our highest paid player

Can't complain too much though, we're playing great ball and have the best record in the AL
Lol that game was nuts. Now mind you I'm on central time (in Chicago) I left work at 3 pacific time, watched the game on the train then watched the game at the gym then on my drive home Freiman hit that walk off hahahaha what a weird sequence of events last night. The game started here at 2:35CT and didn't end until almost 8PMCT.

Although its worth it because its always awesome sweeping the Yankees!
It's not like my M's are going to catch the A's or Rangers, so was happy to root, as usual, against the Yanks ~ nice sweep!

Have to hold my nose and root for the Yanks this weekend when they take on the Halos (so the M's stay firmly ensconced in 3rd place )
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Jun 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM ]
I saw we were facing the king and I knew we would lose. He destroys us.
The A's offense has been struggling pretty badly since the Milwaukee series. The long game didnt help either. The A's are gonna lose a lot of games in the next few series if the bats dont wake up.
Coliseum was rockin today!
I need to vocalize my complaints more often! As soon as I posted the observation about the offense it all came together.

Reddick is now over .200 after his 4-5 game today. Looks to be the player he was last year again.
[ Edited by captveg on Jun 16, 2013 at 4:18 PM ]

Gotta keep the 4 pistons of Crisp, Cespy, Reddick and Donaldson healthy and revving!!!
Ok, so...does anyone want to weigh in on the Coliseum sewage situation from yesterday?
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
Ok, so...does anyone want to weigh in on the Coliseum sewage situation from yesterday?

something went wrong with the pipes, flooded both teams locker rooms, there was raw sewage (s**t and piss ) in some of the water. Both teams ran up and used the raiders' locker room and shared showers, so Felix saw Cespedes' large kak

something went wrong with the pipes, flooded both teams locker rooms, there was raw sewage (s**t and piss ) in some of the water. Both teams ran up and used the raiders' locker room and shared showers, so Felix saw Cespedes' large kak

Nice write-up of the whole ordeal:

http://newballpark.org/2013/06/17/a-river-of-s**t-runs-through-it/

(this is from a pro-new ballpark for the A's site)

what a sh*tty situation
Share 49ersWebzone