There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Oakland A's thread

Well, that was a nerve wracking game. It was good to see Straily work through rough spots even if those rough spots were lame. Need more baserunners before those HRs. Reddick was due so glad to see him get one, especially with the tough luck outs hes had since coming back. Dolittle wasnt perfect but at least he kept them scoreless.
.... and rain was brought.
Our pitching this series looks bad yet they are still giving us quality innings. I'm so confused!

PS Donaldson is an all star.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Our pitching this series looks bad yet they are still giving us quality innings. I'm so confused!

PS Donaldson is an all star.

Originally posted by captveg:
.... and rain was brought.

Reddick has really delivered with his glove since returning. The last two games he's saved two runs, one that would have won the game for the Sox before it went to extra innings, and tonight to secure the win. Plus, he went 2-4. I think he'll be over .200 in a week or so if he continues to make contact the way he has been this week.
Back in first place!

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Jun 8, 2013 at 6:29 AM ]
Took some hard work to get there, but it feels good to take back first from the Rangers.
When, exactly, do we start worrying about Doolittle?
Start? The Milwaukee game a few days ago.
Well, at least the Jays finally beat Texas. Rangers wont be helped by an 18-inning game on the road.
[ Edited by captveg on Jun 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM ]
When, exactly, do we start worrying about Doolittle?

dude needs to hurry up and get out of his slump

the ump screwed a call, put the game out of reach for us but we didn't score in the ninth anyways
Donaldson now in top 5 in 3b All Star voting, but still far away.

Miguel Cabrera, Tigers: 2,355,128
Manny Machado, Orioles: 1,170,108
Adrian Beltre, Rangers: 845,540
Evan Longoria, Rays: 657,056
Josh Donaldson, Athletics: 355,693

It'll be a shame if he doesn't make it.

Lowrie in the race at SS too

SHORTSTOP
J.J. Hardy, Orioles: 1,231,843
Elvis Andrus, Rangers: 1,045,885
Jhonny Peralta, Tigers: 915,400
Jed Lowrie, Athletics: 803,972
Derek Jeter, Yankees: 529,234
The A's haven't had a good series against the Sox. The offense except for a few bursts has been bad and we are a few inches away in the first and second game from being down 3-0 this series.
The A's haven't had a good series against the Sox. The offense except for a few bursts has been bad and we are a few inches away in the first and second game from being down 3-0 this series.

2 on 2 out, hopefully Coco can change that.
No offense today or yesterday. I'm just going say they got tired after this 17 game stretch without a day off. But impressive stretch of games for our guys.