There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Oakland A's thread

The A's are crashing hard. I don't even think we are the second best team anymore let alone the first.
Well, so much for having a decent April for once, giving it all back with a s***ty start to May. Too many guys can't stay healthy, they're scoring runs but seems to come in bunches and not consistently, mediocre batting avg/HRs...which isn't a whole lot different from last year, but what IS different is that the pitching--starters & bullpen--has dropped off significantly.
Yeah, none of our starting arms has been steady this season. They've all sucked more often than not. That's been the one thing that this squad has prided itself in over the years. Nothing doin this season. Let's hope that they can rebound during the homestand.
That road trip was depressing in every imaginable sense. Hopefully this stretch is the low point for the season and they bounce back / get healthy.
Originally posted by captveg:
That road trip was depressing in every imaginable sense. Hopefully this stretch is the low point for the season and they bounce back / get healthy.

I know it's only May, and last year they chased Texas down much later in the season. That said, get swept by the Rangers and you're now 9 back. So at this point I'd even take losing 2/3, that's a net drop of just 1 game...win 2/3 and I'm very happy...sweep the series, I'm thrilled and maybe this team has turned the corner.
Tonight's game is more of what I expected from this team - solid starting pitching, timely hitting and a couple HRs, and quality relief pitching.
[ Edited by captveg on May 14, 2013 at 12:31 AM ]
Tonight's game is more of hat I expected from this team - solid starting pitching, timely hitting and a couple HRs, and quality relief pitching.

I thought the same exact thing after the game.

This is what were supposed to do. Win by quality pitching, timely hitting, and a couple HRs. I literally said the same exact thing lol
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Tonight's game is more of hat I expected from this team - solid starting pitching, timely hitting and a couple HRs, and quality relief pitching.

I thought the same exact thing after the game.

This is what were supposed to do. Win by quality pitching, timely hitting, and a couple HRs. I literally said the same exact thing lol
Must have been an interesting lecture from Melvin on the flight back from Seattle.

News that Reddick is contemplating wrist surgery. No bueno.
Ugh. All because he played hard after a foul fly ball in a blowout.

Cespy walk off homerun please?
Fosse called the Resop ownage there.
F*** me. Resop just went full Gas Can.
If the A's don't rally then they will cap off a perfectly sh***y day for Bay Area sports.