LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 395 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by captveg:
Anderson traded to Rockies for two pitchers, LHP Drew Pomeranz and Class A RHP Chris Jensen. Not at all what I was hoping for.

Offense needed, Beane. OFFENSE

I thought the A's would get a bit more but Pomeranz could be good for the A's.. Good young lefty.

How did he look against your Giants last season, John? I've never heard of the kid, but being that Big Red is an injury-risk each year, I'm not totally against the move.

Just saw that the Halos traded Trumbo away. They're gonna ante up to sign Trout to a mind-blowing deal, I'm sure. $300M?
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
How did he look against your Giants last season, John? I've never heard of the kid, but being that Big Red is an injury-risk each year, I'm not totally against the move.

Just saw that the Halos traded Trumbo away. They're gonna ante up to sign Trout to a mind-blowing deal, I'm sure. $300M?

15 years 300 mill
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Dec 11, 2013 at 9:26 AM ]
Anderson traded to Rockies for two pitchers, LHP Drew Pomeranz and Class A RHP Chris Jensen. Not at all what I was hoping for.

I thought the A's would get a bit more but Pomeranz could be good for the A's.. Good young lefty.

I thought he looked good in the one game he pitched against the Giants but there is no doubt that he struggled during the year. I like his upside but I also think the A's could have gotten more for a guy with the stuff of Brett Anderson. Drew will benefit greatly going from the altitude in Colorado to a great pitchers park.

Yeah I thought for sure they'd get some offense from an Anderson trade...but more pitching. Not that you can have too much pitching, but seems like pitching has been addressed already, time to go for some offense.

Then again, now this does allow for Beane to package some of these arms for a bat or two.

I've heard Pomeranz described as being this hard-throwing young lefty, but on Fangraphs it shows his peak velocity as 91 mph...and he gets abused by RH hitters, although he's very tough on lefties. Hmm, maybe this ties in with the rumors of Nats being interested in Jerry Blevins, as they could be eyeing Pomeranz to fill the Blevins role. I'd hate to see the A's deal Blevins, but if they do, hope it's for some offense.

I thought he looked good in the one game he pitched against the Giants but there is no doubt that he struggled during the year. I like his upside but I also think the A's could have gotten more for a guy with the stuff of Brett Anderson. Drew will benefit greatly going from the altitude in Colorado to a great pitchers park.

Oddly enough, though, over his career (just over 130 innings spanning 3 seasons) he was better at Coors Field than he was on the road...that said, I do think he'll benefit in a pitcher's park like O.co.
Billy Burns is a good return for Blevins, who was suddenly in a too crowded bullpen.

I thought they'd get more as well
Kinda disappointed with the trade. Anderson can be a stud
Billy Burns is a good return for Blevins, who was suddenly in a too crowded bullpen.

We're both right, Blevins now a Nat and Burns coming to Oakland.
Kevin Youkilis sounds like a Billy Beane special. Smart, older vet, shows patience at the plate. He has stated that he would prefer to play in California. The A's showed heavy interest in him back in the Moneyball days too.

Not getting my hopes up.. I know our ownership doesn't wan tto stay in Oakland

but

Oakland pushing waterfront site for new ballpark

A group looking to keep the A's in Oakland has released new plans for a $500 million ballpark at the Port of Oakland, just west of Jack London Square.

According to a San Francisco Chronicle report, Oakland leaders – including mayor Jean Quan -- see the proposed site as the best option for keeping the team from leaving the city and moving to San Jose. Leading the proposal for the 38,000-seat waterfront ballpark is Clorox chairman and CEO Don Knauss and former Dreyer's Grand Ice Cream boss T. Gary Rogers.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/athletics/oakland-pushing-waterfront-site-new-ballpark

God dammit Lew just sell the team
^ another jean quan pipe dream that conveniently shirks the issue of dealing with the all-powerful and obstructive SF Bay Conservation & Development Commission as well as the steep prerequisites if the California Environmental Quality Act, both of which are also the bugbears that the proposed warriors arena in SF must hurdle

don't get ur hopes up...I see it mainly as a reelection ploy of JQ, as is her equally nebulous touting of Coliseum City
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
^ another jean quan pipe dream that conveniently shirks the issue of dealing with the all-powerful and obstructive SF Bay Conservation & Development Commission as well as the steep prerequisites if the California Environmental Quality Act, both of which are also the bugbears that the proposed warriors arena in SF must hurdle

don't get ur hopes up...I see it mainly as a reelection ploy of JQ, as is her equally nebulous touting of Coliseum City

I agree with everything you said
It is a pipe dream and it's oakland pretending like they're trying to keep the A's
It is nothing much more than a dream, but damn that would be such a cool location for a stadium. I didn't care about the Niners going to Santa Clara, but I really don't want to see the East Bay lose the A's. Or the Warriors. I hope they stay in Oakland, but would settle for a suburb if that's what it took to keep them.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
It is nothing much more than a dream, but damn that would be such a cool location for a stadium. I didn't care about the Niners going to Santa Clara, but I really don't want to see the East Bay lose the A's. Or the Warriors. I hope they stay in Oakland, but would settle for a suburb if that's what it took to keep them.

The Warriors are good as gone. Forget about that dream. I think the A's have a more legitimate chance of keeping the A's than they do the Warriors. I really do hope and pray that the A's and Raiders stay in Oakland. I love having 6 teams in a single metropolitan area. And I love the G's/A's rivalry as well as teh RAiders/niners rivalry. It gives me such pride to be from an area that has six teams.
Share 49ersWebzone