Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Gray
Parker
Anderson
Kazmir
Milone
Griffin
Straily

This means were not resigning Colon obviously, and probably trading Brett Anderson too

That's a good amount of money for the A's, why not spend it on a hitter?

I dont understand this signing at all. Gray, Parker, Griffin, and Straily are all automatics in the rotation. I think the A's would have been better off with Anderson or Milone as their 5th and going after a bat as you say.
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I dont understand this signing at all. Gray, Parker, Griffin, and Straily are all automatics in the rotation. I think the A's would have been better off with Anderson or Milone as their 5th and going after a bat as you say.

God knows what billy beane has under his sleeve. Probably gonna do a trade involving both Milone and Anderson. I actually like Anderson a lot though, still young but just always hurt
I guess this is worth 22 million dollars..............................

"Scott Kazmir versus teams not named "Twins" in 2013: 4.68 ERA, 5.3 IP per start."

"Scott Kazmir versus teams not named "Twins" in 2013: 4.68 ERA, 5.3 IP per start."

timmah got 35 for two years. His era was not that great either.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
5.3 innings pitched? lol
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Whats your point. That it makes sense because Timmy got overpaid? I think they overpaid Kazmir and didnt even badly need a SP to begin with. Total head scratcher.
WHYYYYY????????

I don't even...

I'll be really pissed if they turn around and sell low on Anderson for pennies on the dollar now.
Jim Johnson to the A's for Weeks. I don't understand why pay Johnson 10 mil this year instead of cook or Doolittle closing... what is up with Beane? First the horrid contract of Kazmir now this trade?
  • IT21
  • Veteran
We've traded Weeks for Jim Johnson

I like this move
  • IT21
  • Veteran

Whats your point. That it makes sense because Timmy got overpaid? I think they overpaid Kazmir and didnt even badly need a SP to begin with. Total head scratcher.

That's the market for SPs now..
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Nvm
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Dec 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM ]

My point is that's the price fir starting pitching regardless on how you or I feel ablout it. I think its an over pay but kazmir was gonna get that bread from some team. And also posted nearly the same era and got MORE money. That's my point

My point is that's the price fir starting pitching regardless on how you or I feel ablout it. I think its an over pay but kazmir was gonna get that bread from some team. And also posted nearly the same era and got MORE money. That's my point

Timmy got overpaid obviously but that was as much of a marketing move as it was a baseball move. Giants fans love Timmy and they couldnt imagine him going elsewhere. With Kazmir ..... I have not a clue how he got that much. But, what makes it even worse is that they didnt need to go out and get a SP and could have used their tight budget on bats. Hell, they could have given up marginal prospects and gotten Fister and saved tons of money.

Beane is a smart guy but to me this is a strange move.

He's also been a multiple time Cy Young winner and has been extremely durable, two things Kazmir has not come close to being. Their ERA's might look similar in one year's comparison, but Lincecum has a much more extensive track record of equal or greater performance to last year's and thus has a better chance of being the more effective pitcher from this point and into the future.
  • IT21
  • Veteran
10 mill for josh Johnson? Uhh i don't like where we're spending our money..
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home