LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Sanchez must have spent half the day trying to pick off Crispy Cespedes

This. Dude was doing it with some aggression too, you could see he was still thinking about the Moss homerun and he laid a great pitch out there for Smith to knock out of the park.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Sanchez must have spent half the day trying to pick off Crispy Cespedes

This. Dude was doing it with some aggression too, you could see he was still thinking about the Moss homerun and he laid a great pitch out there for Smith to knock out of the park.

Yeah he lost his cool out there.

Doolittle and Balfour to bring this one home...Let's go!
Last inning, 3 more outs to put Detroit away and get them back on their heels.
2 on right now...let's cash in a few more insurance runs.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
It's disguised somewhat by our home park effect, but we really do have a very good offense. The way Scherzer and Verlander pitched, they would've shutdown even an all-star lineup.

Even though we were 8 games worse on the road this season, our run differential was actually better. +.87 per game overall, +1.12 on the road.
"AND WE GOT A BRU-HAH HAH HERE!"
  • vaden
  • Veteran
BALFOUR RAGE
2-1, Oakland
  • vaden
  • Veteran

lol at those announcers in the 9th. So melodramatic. Was a 3 run lead, guys. Balfour was never remotely in trouble.
f**k Detroit

2-1

Originally posted by vaden:

lol at those announcers in the 9th. So melodramatic. Was a 3 run lead, guys. Balfour was never remotely in trouble.

Seriously.

"You need a good babysitter at catcher out there in the 9th"

"He really is a high wire act"

He gave up one walk, no hits and no runs. They acted like the bases were loaded and he was in the midst of having an emotional meltdown. VMart is the one who needed a babysitter.
Finish it in 4...do not want to see Scherzer or Verlander in a Game 5, even if at O.co.
So is it Straily getting the start in Game 4? Back before the series started I had heard it would be Griffin, but then just read it will be Straily. They both had strong Septembers, although think Straily was a little more impressive, lower ERA for the month and didn't give up as many HRs as Griffin.

Just win, baby.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
So is it Straily getting the start in Game 4? Back before the series started I had heard it would be Griffin, but then just read it will be Straily. They both had strong Septembers, although think Straily was a little more impressive, lower ERA for the month and didn't give up as many HRs as Griffin.

Just win, baby.
It's been reported that Griffin has elbow tendinitis so he was left off the ALDS roster. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a slug-fest. Hopefully we can come out on top because I don't want to have to face Scherzer or Verlander in game 5.
Originally posted by vaden:
BALFOUR RAGE

Was I the only one who feared for Martinez's well-being, charging the mound like that, getting in the face of an Aussie with a sour demeanor. Balfour seems like the type of guy who routinely goes places, hoping to get involved in a good tussle.
Share 49ersWebzone