There are 145 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Yeah i'll be at work. Im going to keep the kitchen TV on the game.

I'll try to find something on my phone for Monday, cant skip that class but Im in it from 10:45 to 3
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
10:00 AM pacific time on Monday
2:00 PM pacific time on tuesday

stupid scheduling man

This. WTF baseball? Afternoon start times in the playoffs are ridiculous.
I'll try to find something on my phone for Monday, cant skip that class but Im in it from 10:45 to 3

If you're willing to ante up $25 you can do the MLB.TV and watch the game live on your phone when.

10:45 to 3...that's pretty brutal, you got a lab or something?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If you're willing to ante up $25 you can do the MLB.TV and watch the game live on your phone when.

10:45 to 3...that's pretty brutal, you got a lab or something?

Yeah, physics lab. I may just ask the teacher if I can do it on wednesday because he runs the same lab that day
Yeah, physics lab. I may just ask the teacher if I can do it on wednesday because he runs the same lab that day

This, I used to be the lab nomad, if I had a test I needed to study up for or I was juggling my work schedule, I'd hop over to another lab as they generally had them going all week long. For my immunology class, I think I went to my actual lab at its normal time maybe three or four times the entire semester. As long as I got the work done and space was available, my professor didn't get a damn.
Brilliant decision by Melvin to start Gray today. Tigers had never seen him, home crowd less intimidating for the rookie, electric stuff...
Really a roll of the dice, but he gave the A's the best shot at beating Verlander, and somehow a great walk-off win after a frustrating day.
Still, it's gonna be a tough road. Jesus, Tigers. You know your rotation is pretty good when the AL ERA leader is starting Game THREE for you.
This is another must-win for the A's. They have to put the Tigers backs against the wall NOW.
If they let the Tigers go up 2-1, they have another game at home, and even if they lose they'll have Scherzer for Game 5.
LET'S GO OAKLAND.
49ers Sunday, A's Monday, A's Tuesday. Hell yes.
This, I used to be the lab nomad, if I had a test I needed to study up for or I was juggling my work schedule, I'd hop over to another lab as they generally had them going all week long. For my immunology class, I think I went to my actual lab at its normal time maybe three or four times the entire semester. As long as I got the work done and space was available, my professor didn't get a damn.

Ya that's the good thing about labs

ButI would feel bad leaving my lab partner alone though, I can watch the game on the dish app on my phone. The lecture is from 10:45 to 12:00 so I might just go and use my phone during that time and then decide what to do, it'll be in the 6th inning by the time the lab starts
Originally posted by captain_planet:
Brilliant decision by Melvin to start Gray today. Tigers had never seen him, home crowd less intimidating for the rookie, electric stuff...
Really a roll of the dice, but he gave the A's the best shot at beating Verlander, and somehow a great walk-off win after a frustrating day.
Still, it's gonna be a tough road. Jesus, Tigers. You know your rotation is pretty good when the AL ERA leader is starting Game THREE for you.
This is another must-win for the A's. They have to put the Tigers backs against the wall NOW.
If they let the Tigers go up 2-1, they have another game at home, and even if they lose they'll have Scherzer for Game 5.
LET'S GO OAKLAND.
49ers Sunday, A's Monday, A's Tuesday. Hell yes.

I'm honestly not that scared of Sanchez. I expect Parker to out perform him

Also think if it gets to game 5 the tigers choose Verlander over Scherzer (it'd be 5 days after today)

I'd honestly rather face Scherzer lol. Verlander absolutely owns us
How can I forget

f**k YOU alburquerqueer
Obviously great the A's pulled it out in the 9th, but damn, enough with the K's. Like I said, Filthy Verlander is back, don't really want to see him in a Game 5...or would it be Scherzer? Anyway...

And with the A's struggling to hit and runs at a premium, I have no effin idea why bottom 8 no outs, Callaspo on 2nd, Crisp is up and he's NOT bunting. Yeah, maybe Reddick sucks at bunting, but Crisp can handle the bat and he's got a decent shot at beating it out if he puts it down 3BL and Cabrerra has to try and make the play.

But c'mon A's, pack the sticks for the trip, start mashin' and you won't have to worry about playing small ball. Fingers crossed that Good Parker shows up on Monday.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Oct 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM ]

Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Obviously great the A's pulled it out in the 9th, but damn, enough with the K's. Like I said, Filthy Verlander is back, don't really want to see him in a Game 5...or would it be Scherzer? Anyway...

And with the A's struggling to hit and runs at a premium, I have no effin idea why bottom 8 no outs, Callaspo on 2nd, Crisp is up and he's NOT bunting. Yeah, maybe Reddick sucks at bunting, but Crisp can handle the bat and he's got a decent shot at beating it out if he puts it down 3BL and Cabrerra has to try and make the play.

But c'mon A's, pack the sticks for the trip, start mashin' and you won't have to worry about playing small ball. Fingers crossed that Good Parker shows up on Monday.

With Cabrera playing that far in all the time, bunting is basically out of the question.
How can I forget

f**k YOU alburquerqueer

When he started skipping off the mound...
Originally posted by socalfan21:
When he started skipping off the mound...

Made me hate him even more
I wanted Cespy to homer off him SO BAD. Happy he's the reason the Tigers lost
What a clutch performance from the rookie last night.

Reminds me so much of Time Hudson out there in his stature and his demeanor out there.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

With Cabrera playing that far in all the time, bunting is basically out of the question.

Beating it out might be, but it's still a sac that gets the runner over to 3rd with only 1 out.
Share 49ersWebzone