There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Oakland A's thread

Damn, beat by Jason Vargas for the second time in a week...and Boston lost. Oh well, they've got a few more to try and get that #1 seed.
Lol Vargas
I'm sorry
at least the sox lost as well
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I still want the #1 seed but #2 might ultimately be for the best. The Rays are blazing hot, and they just might have the best pitching staff of all AL contenders, though they'll use Price for the play-in game. Of course the ideal would be facing Cleveland.
[ Edited by vaden on Sep 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM ]
Originally posted by vaden:
I still want the #1 seed but #2 might ultimately be for the best. The Rays are blazing hot, and they just might have the best pitching staff of all AL contenders, though they'll use Price for the play-in game. Of course the ideal would be facing Cleveland.

2 seed gets verlander Scherzer and anibal Sanchez. lol
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
2 seed gets verlander Scherzer and anibal Sanchez. lol

Their numbers aren't as superior to Price, Cobb and Moore as you might think, and those pitchers have been slowed by injuries, but if they're healthy going into the playoffs they collectively could be better. I'd still rather face Tampa, especially since we'd only face Price once, but so much of baseball playoffs is about momentum and the Rays have it now.
In all honesty, I don't care who they end up playing. Just don't drop to the #3 seed.
Originally posted by captveg:
In all honesty, I don't care who they end up playing. Just don't drop to the #3 seed.

Werd

Every team that's getting in is a Buzzsaw. There's a few good teams that won't even make the postseason.
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:

this
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Sep 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM ]
Regular season hurry up and finish!
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Regular season hurry up and finish!

Serious, I'm so pumped for the post season
The A's are Jared Weaver's b***h. Oh well, 3 games left, but vs M's who've owned the A's this year. C'mon A's, get hot going into the playoffs and DO NOT LOSE the #2 seed.
Since we own the tie breaker over Detroit, our magic # for the #2 seed is 2.

Boston's magic # over the A's for the #1 seed is also 2.
With the Red Sox win and the Tigers loss the Red Sox and A's are now down to a magic # of 1 for the 1st and 2nd seed, respectively. Which means depending on how the game ends tonight either the #1 or #3 seed will be locked in. To get the #1 the A's need to sweep the Mariners and Boston needs to lose Sat & Sun. Conversely, for the A's to drop to the #3 they need to get swept and Detroit needs to win Sat & Sun.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM ]
Alright - Detroit is now locked in to #3. A's need to go 2-0 and have Boston go 0-2 to get #1, so it looks like Detroit again in Game 1 at the Coliseum next Friday.