LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Wade or Pippen

Often we see Lebron and Jordan compared but rarely do people compare Wade and Pippen. I think that has to do with Wade having been "the man" before.

So who is the better Robin to James/Jordans Batman?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Good question...both were complete players and Wade will join Pippen in the top 50 greatest players of all time.

Offensively: Edge goes to Wade
Defensively: Edge goes to Pippen

Wade was at his peak couple of years back and hasn't been at his best since 2008-2009 season. He has his moments and stretches like last 1 month where he was playing at a very high level, but then he had a knee issue last week.

In Pippen's case - he was at his peak with Jordan. If I compare the best of both players, IMO Wade wins that. If the question is who is the better no.2 - then I've to go with Pippen...ONLY because injuries to both knees have slowed down Wade considerably.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 28, 2013 at 1:02 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Wade
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Good question...both were complete players and Wade will join Pippen in the top 50 greatest players of all time.

Wade was at his peak couple of years back and hasn't been at his best since 2008-2009 season. He has his moments and stretches like last 1 month where he was playing at a very high level, but then he had a knee issue last week.

In Pippen's case - he was at his peak with Jordan. If I compare the best of both players, IMO Wade wins that. If the question is who is the better no.2 - then I've to go with Pippen...ONLY because injuries to both knees have slowed down Wade considerably.

His best two years were without Jordan.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

His best two years were without Jordan.

...but that's only because he was the no.1 option so his scoring was slightly up.
...but that's only because he was the no.1 option so his scoring was slightly up.

He also posted career bests in Rebounds & Steals the year after Jordan left, led the Bulls to 55 wins (two fewer than what they had with MJ) and then the next year he became one of two guys in history (IIRC) to lead his team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, & blocks. Those were his best two years. Pippen was an incredible player who is vastly underrated because of the Cult of Jordan.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Scottttttie Pippen
Wade as a 1st option but Scottie as a 2nd option if that makes sense
Speaking of ol' Scottie, his Hall of Fame speech was a near painful listening experience. Odd pauses mid sentence. Monotonous delivery. Stumbling through words. Burying his eyes in his prepared statement. Poor guy was a nervous wreck.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

He also posted career bests in Rebounds & Steals the year after Jordan left, led the Bulls to 55 wins (two fewer than what they had with MJ) and then the next year he became one of two guys in history (IIRC) to lead his team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, & blocks. Those were his best two years. Pippen was an incredible player who is vastly underrated because of the Cult of Jordan.

I'm not under-rating Pippen...I think you misunderstood my statement. If you look at my original statement, what I mean is...early-mid 90's was when Pippen was at his peak. Whether that was with Jordan or not, he was playing his best basketball during that stretch. In other words, Jordan got to play with Pippen when Pippen was at his absolute best as a player.

Whereas, Wade's prime was in the last decade. Wade is still an incredible player, but I don't think anyone thinks he's at his peak. Pippen was his absolute peak during the 8 year stretch. I agree, Pippen doesn't get enough credit...but I was just comparing Pippen as no. 2 vs. Wade as no. 2

Pippen was better. He is only overlooked because of Jordan. And that's not taking Nything away from Wade
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Wade as a 1st option but Scottie as a 2nd option if that makes sense

...that's because Pippen started his career on a roster that featured MJ. I don't think any player drafted between 87 and 2012 would become no.1 option on the Chicago Bulls till Jordan retired in 1998...(exceptions: Kobe and Lebron)
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Pippen was better. He is only overlooked because of Jordan. And that's not taking Nything away from Wade

IMO, if it wasn't for the injuries - Wade would have been up there with some of the greatest players of all time. But, injuries happened - so it's a moot point.
Pippen had a growth spurt of seven inches in college From 6'1 to 6'8. Thats crazy.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Pippen had a growth spurt of seven inches in college From 6'1 to 6'8. Thats crazy.

...waiting for someone to accuse him of taking HGH
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 28, 2013 at 2:45 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone