Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Originally posted by robniner:
Pitcher Joe Blanton has to be one of the worst off-season pickups. He is winless and has an ERA totally not acceptable.

He went from the joke NLOL to a real league.

Oh. You mean the joke league that has won the last 3 World Series?

Seriously. What an odd comment.

Not really, pitching in the NL is a lot easier than pitching in the AL.

one could create an argument that the pitchers having to make plate appearances makes up for it?
Pitching to pitchers is what makes it easier

Thats the original game of baseball though. Its not a matter of the NL being easier for pitchers, its a matter of the AL being harder for pitchers. It doesnt make the NL weak, it just means the AL decided to give offenses an advantage.

Itd be like if the NL raised the mound. You couldnt then call the AL hitters inferior because they dont have to face that kind of elevation.

The game of baseball involves the pitcher having to hit for himself. A big part of the entire strategy of the game is lost with the DH. MLB officials can try their hardest to force the DH on the NL, but somehow I doubt the NL would ever budge. It would be a dark day, thats for sure.

What makes no sense about the DH, is if youre going to have a "designated hitter" for the pitcher, why not have "designated fielders" for the poor defensive players? Its the same concept. Someone is bad at one aspect of the game, so you put a player who specializes in that weakness in his place to make the game more entertaining.

I wish Bud Selig would get his head out of his butt long enough to realize that the fans who are attracted by the extra excitement of the DH are the same fans who lose interest easily. The real fans of the game enjoy the original NL rules, and the strategy that comes along with it. I think the backbone of baseball's fanbase feels this way.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Thats the original game of baseball though. Its not a matter of the NL being easier for pitchers, its a matter of the AL being harder for pitchers. It doesnt make the NL weak, it just means the AL decided to give offenses an advantage.

Itd be like if the NL raised the mound. You couldnt then call the AL hitters inferior because they dont have to face that kind of elevation.

The game of baseball involves the pitcher having to hit for himself. A big part of the entire strategy of the game is lost with the DH. MLB officials can try their hardest to force the DH on the NL, but somehow I doubt the NL would ever budge. It would be a dark day, thats for sure.

What makes no sense about the DH, is if youre going to have a "designated hitter" for the pitcher, why not have "designated fielders" for the poor defensive players? Its the same concept. Someone is bad at one aspect of the game, so you put a player who specializes in that weakness in his place to make the game more entertaining.

I wish Bud Selig would get his head out of his butt long enough to realize that the fans who are attracted by the extra excitement of the DH are the same fans who lose interest easily. The real fans of the game enjoy the original NL rules, and the strategy that comes along with it. I think the backbone of baseball's fanbase feels this way.

It also allows chess like thinking when it comes to the pinch hitter vs. pitcher matchups. That pinch hitter can actually stay in the game to play their natural position.
s**t 10 years ago called it wants it's DH b***h fest back

deal with it
Like it or not with interleague play now an everyday thing its only a matter of time before the NL has the DH. I hate it but its gonna happen
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

deal with it

This
Whotf actually cares, damn
Originally posted by marshniners24:

deal with it

This

Real baseball fans.

deal with it

This

Real baseball fans.

This
Originally posted by jrg:

deal with it

This

Real baseball fans.

This

lol they used to count ground rule doubles as home runs you guys still pissed about that?
Originally posted by jrg:

deal with it

This

Real baseball fans.

This

lol they used to count ground rule doubles as home runs you guys still pissed about that?

As a matter of fact..............
Originally posted by valrod33:
Like it or not with interleague play now an everyday thing its only a matter of time before the NL has the DH. I hate it but its gonna happen

I agree
and it extends players careers, which Im sure the MLB loves.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by valrod33:

I agree
and it extends players careers, which Im sure the MLB loves.

The sad thing will be no one will know the difference between the NL and the AL.
Well, Doc Halladay will be spending some time away from the mound

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=9247778&top&wjb=
[ Edited by robniner on May 6, 2013 at 6:20 PM ]
The Red Sox have lost both of their closers just like that; Bailey with.biceps issues and Hanarahan with potential Tommy John injury.