LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 375 users in the forums

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Originally posted by LarryT1974:
I remember talking to a friend about gold glove winners at 1st and he was in love with Texiera. When I brought up Pujols (still w/Cards) winning, he said "but that's the NL". WTF, is the position played differently in the NL. AL homers never cease to amaze me with their ignorance

NL ball is more of a traditional game, with strategy.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Yeah, f**k the AL
Originally posted by jrg:
Yeah, f**k the AL

seligs gonna continue ruining the game, using the expanded interleague play to justify full time DH
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by jrg:
Yeah, f**k the AL

seligs gonna continue ruining the game, using the expanded interleague play to justify full time DH

I will riot in the streets if the DH infects my NL.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Originally posted by robniner:
Pitcher Joe Blanton has to be one of the worst off-season pickups. He is winless and has an ERA totally not acceptable.

He went from the joke NLOL to a real league.

Oh. You mean the joke league that has won the last 3 World Series?

Seriously. What an odd comment.

Especially from someone who is a Seattle Mariners fan. They would be crappy in any league. The two best teams in the AL in my opinion are the Tigers and the Rangers.... the 2 teams the Giants dominated in the WS.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Pitcher Joe Blanton has to be one of the worst off-season pickups. He is winless and has an ERA totally not acceptable.

Especially from someone who is a Seattle Mariners fan. They would be crappy in any league. The two best teams in the AL in my opinion are the Tigers and the Rangers.... the 2 teams the Giants dominated in the WS.

As did the Cardinals
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Dh has really helped the Astros lol

They got merked!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Dh has really helped the Astros lol

They got merked!

DH or not, the Astros will get their ass beat

Seattle fans don't know s**t about sports period

Not really, pitching in the NL is a lot easier than pitching in the AL.
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on May 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM ]

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

Because of the DH, obviously its easier in the NL. The AL changed its rules to favor hitters. I dont see how thats a bragging point.

He called the NL a JOKE league. If anything the AL with the DH is the real joke league.

one could create an argument that the pitchers having to make plate appearances makes up for it?
Pitching to pitchers is what makes it easier
Pitching to pitchers is what makes it easier

Thats the original game of baseball though. Its not a matter of the NL being easier for pitchers, its a matter of the AL being harder for pitchers. It doesnt make the NL weak, it just means the AL decided to give offenses an advantage.

Itd be like if the NL raised the mound. You couldnt then call the AL hitters inferior because they dont have to face that kind of elevation.

The game of baseball involves the pitcher having to hit for himself. A big part of the entire strategy of the game is lost with the DH. MLB officials can try their hardest to force the DH on the NL, but somehow I doubt the NL would ever budge. It would be a dark day, thats for sure.

What makes no sense about the DH, is if youre going to have a "designated hitter" for the pitcher, why not have "designated fielders" for the poor defensive players? Its the same concept. Someone is bad at one aspect of the game, so you put a player who specializes in that weakness in his place to make the game more entertaining.

I wish Bud Selig would get his head out of his butt long enough to realize that the fans who are attracted by the extra excitement of the DH are the same fans who lose interest easily. The real fans of the game enjoy the original NL rules, and the strategy that comes along with it. I think the backbone of baseball's fanbase feels this way.
Share 49ersWebzone