There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Originally posted by robniner:
The Angels were losing to teams of inferiority until the Detroit Tigers came along. Now the Detroit Tigers may determine if the AL Central becomes a race or not.

We're not allowed to talk about the angels in here bro. Niners99's rules sorry.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
The Angels were losing to teams of inferiority until the Detroit Tigers came along. Now the Detroit Tigers may determine if the AL Central becomes a race or not.

We're not allowed to talk about the angels in here bro. Niners99's rules sorry.

Oops

But had to be pointed out because thought the Tigers would annihilate them.

If they leave 100 guys on base in a series they won't win another one.

Way to have 100 strike outs and leave 100 guys on base
Originally posted by jrg:
bwahahaha
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
bwahahaha

he showed him!
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9200379/robinson-cano-associate-was-client-biogenesis-sources-say
Originally posted by valrod33:
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9200379/robinson-cano-associate-was-client-biogenesis-sources-say

This may explain how the injury riddled Yankees lineup is producing runs more than they are supposed too.
Why in the hell does a manager put their closer in non save situations? That gets on my nerves and risks him to serve up a loss. As a fantasy owner, every time I see a closer in a game that isn't save worthy I wonder about the manager's thinking because I don't get a save out of it.
[ Edited by robniner on Apr 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM ]
Why in the hell does a manager put their closer in non save situations? That gets on my nerves and risks him to serve up a loss. As a fantasy owner, every time I see a closer in a game that isn't save worthy I wonder about the manager's thinking because I don't get a save out of it.

Likely hasn't pitched much lately. Managers do that to get the guy work and keep him sharp.

Because he isnt worried about your fantasy team but wants to win a game? Just guessing here.

Likely hasn't pitched much lately. Managers do that to get the guy work and keep him sharp.

But you do lose that factor in extra innings to close a game if the team goes ahead.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Because he isnt worried about your fantasy team but wants to win a game? Just guessing here.

Good try, bud!

But you do lose that factor in extra innings to close a game if the team goes ahead.

You don't manage thinking "what if"

You manage based on who you think gives you the best chance to win. I guarantee you every manager in the MLB doesn't care how many saves his closer gets...as long as his team gets the win.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Good try, bud!

Good try? LOL Bottom line is simply this... a manager does what it takes to win a game and keep his pitchers sharp. They dont give a s**t about numbers or fantasy teams or anything other than winning.