LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for robniner.
The remedy from a skid: the Miami Marlins.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by jrg:
I'd trade anybody other than Taveras/Miller for Stanton

they'd want both to START.

Seriously. Jrg GTFO

STFU and SMK

NAO

And they should
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

And they should

Want all you want. Talks of Tulowitzki to the Cardinals in the offseason all started around Matt Adams and Trevor Rosenthal
Want all you want. Talks of Tulowitzki to the Cardinals in the offseason all started around Matt Adams and Trevor Rosenthal

And that trade didnt go through for a reason
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

And that trade didnt go through for a reason

Fine with me. Lol, check Adams' stats

All off the bench.
[ Edited by jrg on Apr 15, 2013 at 8:28 PM ]
Closing for the Cardinals next?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/15/edward-mujica-may-be-closing-for-the-cardinals/
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:
Closing for the Cardinals next?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/15/edward-mujica-may-be-closing-for-the-cardinals/

Seriously. Jrg GTFO

Classic Cards fan bias. Elevating the value of their own players.

If Giancarlo Stanton becomes available, he will be the most coveted player in baseball. Hes a young, proven, franchise cleanup hitter with mega power. I guarantee the Marlins will use every bit of leverage to get maximum value for Stanton. The Cards will have to offer both Miller and Taveras to have a chance. Just like Texas will have to offer at least Profar and Olt. When the entire league wants a player, you arent getting him for your 3rd and 4th best prospects.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Seriously. Jrg GTFO

If Giancarlo Stanton becomes available, he will be the most coveted player in baseball. Hes a young, proven, franchise cleanup hitter with mega power. I guarantee the Marlins will use every bit of leverage to get maximum value for Stanton. The Cards will have to offer both Miller and Taveras to have a chance. Just like Texas will have to offer at least Profar and Olt. When the entire league wants a player, you arent getting him for your 3rd and 4th best prospects.

LOL. Profar AND Olt/Taveras AND Miller?! I think you're over valuing Stanton quite a bit. Stanton will get the Marlins a nice package of players, but you're not getting a teams top TWO prospects (especially when they're ranked so high at their position..Taveras is the 3rd ranked prospect in baseball and best overall hitter, Miller is a top 3 pitching prospect and already performing well) Maybe one of the two, but both is highly unlikely in my opinion (for both St. Louis and Texas)

Originally posted by Niners99:

Seriously. Jrg GTFO

LOL. Profar AND Olt/Taveras AND Miller?! I think you're over valuing Stanton quite a bit. Stanton will get the Marlins a nice package of players, but you're not getting a teams top TWO prospects (especially when they're ranked so high at their position..Taveras is the 3rd ranked prospect in baseball and best overall hitter, Miller is a top 3 pitching prospect and already performing well) Maybe one of the two, but both is highly unlikely in my opinion (for both St. Louis and Texas)

How often is a 23 year old middle of the order power bat available? Hes proven. Prospects arent. You can build a franchise around a guy like Giancarlo Stanton. Hes going to play everyday, and will instantly become one of your best and most popular players.

Besides all that, like I said, every single team in baseball will be bidding. Whoever offers the best package will get Stanton, and theres no chance that winning offer isnt an eye popping return for Miami. Theyre essentially trading the proven thing for guys they hope will become like Stanton, just to save money. If Adams/Rosenthal is the Cards best offer, they wont be getting Stanton.

When 29 teams are calling about a young, franchise player, the winning offer will be far from "fair market value". STL isnt desperate enough to make that type of trade. RF isnt even your position of need.
To add to what Niners99 is saying Giancarlo is also cheap and is under club control until 2017. Its gonna take a huge package(lol) to get him from the Marlins
Originally posted by valrod33:
To add to what Niners99 is saying Giancarlo is also cheap and is under club control until 2017. Its gonna take a huge package(lol) to get him from the Marlins

Ill give you a huge package
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
speaking of Marlins and trades

Tigers guys were talking about the Trade for Miggy the other day

MIA got
OF, Cameron Maybin - 3 years in MIA now with SD
P, Andrew Miller - 3 years in MIA now with BOS
C, Mike Rabelo - 1 year in MIA now the hitting coach for the Connecticut Tigers
P, Eulogio De La Cruz - Appeared in 6 games for MIA 1 year, now out of baseball
P, Dallas Trahern - Never made it out of AAA, last seen in 2011 PCL and is listed as a free agent if anyone is interested
P, Burke Badenhop - 4 years with MIA 13/15 record 4.34 era, now with MIL

Tigers got
Miguel Cabrera
Dontrelle Willis

I know MIA couldn't afford to keep Miggy but damn! No one from that trade helped that team ever lol
Originally posted by valrod33:

Ill give you a huge package

Deal
Share 49ersWebzone