There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Winning the WS doesn't = Manager of the year

If that was the case you'd just give it to the managers of each team in the WS every year

Matheny did a great job, but had a lot more to work with than Hurdle. Same goes w/ Francona compared to Farrell.
Originally posted by robniner:
Winning a World Series doesn't put an award in the bag.

Hmmmm.........

Would have given it to Farrell because he guided the Sox from worst to winning it all.

These are voted on before the playoffs start
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by robniner:
Winning a World Series doesn't put an award in the bag.

Hmmmm.........

Would have given it to Farrell because he guided the Sox from worst to winning it all.

These are voted on before the playoffs start

Still would have gave it to Farrell because of the worst to first thing. The Sox were projected to finish fourth compared to the Indians which were projected to finish second, and be competitive.
Boston 159 million dollar payroll
Cleveland 82 million dollar payroll

Both made playoffs. Francona was the deserving choice. What happens in the post season doesnt count
Let's see if everything goes as projected for the MVP and Cy Young awards. Still, the interest is in the NL MVP as it was wide open. McCutchen may repeat as the winner but there were others who may deserve it more like Yadir Molina.
As expected

Scherzer and Kershaw win their respective Cy Young.
Originally posted by robniner:
Let's see if everything goes as projected for the MVP and Cy Young awards. Still, the interest is in the NL MVP as it was wide open. McCutchen may repeat as the winner but there were others who may deserve it more like Yadir Molina.

Oh really? I didnt know he had won it before.
Forgot about Posey. My bad.
THE MVP RACE

Either Cabrera is going to run away with this,or,it will be tight between him,Davis and Trout.

McCutchen is the favorite to win but this race is wide open.

Find out soon.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by robniner:
Let's see if everything goes as projected for the MVP and Cy Young awards. Still, the interest is in the NL MVP as it was wide open. McCutchen may repeat as the winner but there were others who may deserve it more like Yadir Molina.

Oh really? I didnt know he had won it before.


[ Edited by crzy on Nov 13, 2013 at 6:09 PM ]
Scherzer...from St. Louis and Mizzou
The funding for instant replay has been approved so it will be a full scale reality.
Miguel Cabrera wins AL MVP

[ Edited by jrg on Nov 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM ]
Originally posted by robniner:
THE MVP RACE

Either Cabrera is going to run away with this,or,it will be tight between him,Davis and Trout.

McCutchen is the favorite to win but this race is wide open.

Find out soon.



No f**king s**t
McCutchen wins NL MVP
...