There are 248 users in the forums

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Yes it is. Kershaw is going to become the first pitcher to make 30M a year. For a guy who doesnt have a blazing high 90s fastball he is simply amazing. I've loved this kid from the first moment I saw him pitch. ( even as a Giants fan)

Basically a million dollars per start
Crazy...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Lol...Georgia is mad

Originally posted by jrg:
Lol...Georgia is mad

Its stupid and you are an idiot for linking that pic to them hating the one game WC. They were angry cuz of the call that was made in that game not the WC playoff
[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Lol...Georgia is mad

Its stupid and you are an idiot for linking that pic to them hating the one game WC. They were angry cuz of the call that was made in that game not the WC playoff

Riiiiiiiiiiiight
Riiiiiiiiiiiight

So what you are saying is that them throwing that stuff on the field was because they were mad at the one game WC playoff? Thats what you are saying
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Riiiiiiiiiiiight

So what you are saying is that them throwing that stuff on the field was because they were mad at the one game WC playoff? Thats what you are saying

I'm joking around. Calm your damn tits.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I grew up as a Yankee fan, and remember watching Mariano Rivera starting (yes, starting) on July 4th, 1996 as a rookie, and then setting up for Wetteland. Amazing career, and I'm convinced this dude could throw that cutter until he's 50 if he wanted to.

I always hated the Yankees and the fact that they tried to buy titles. However, Rivera and Jeter have been the class of baseball for so many years. What an awesome emotional moment. You can argue who the best catcher was, best infielder, etc.... but there is ZERO debate on the greatest closer of all time.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
^Yep. Very cool
First pre-off-season managerial casualty: Seattle Mariners Eric Wedge due to visionary differences.
Originally posted by robniner:
First pre-off-season managerial casualty: Seattle Mariners Eric Wedge due to visionary differences.

More like.. due to the fact that Seattle wouldnt give him a long term extenstion. Well.. maybe thats the same thing.

Rays and Indians tied, Rangers one game back. Rangers could be eliminated by losing tomorrow and having Rays and Indians both win tomorrow. Im hoping they all end up tied as that would mean three elimination* games. (Two games to determine WC teams, then the actual WC game).

*Technically if the home team wins the first game no one is eliminated, as the winning team hosts the WC game and the road team can be the 2nd WC team if they win the 2nd game.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 27, 2013 at 9:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

More like.. due to the fact that Seattle wouldnt give him a long term extenstion. Well.. maybe thats the same thing.

There was talk of getting rid of their GM but I guess the brass decided he was worth to keep a little longer.
Originally posted by captveg:
Rays and Indians tied, Rangers one game back. Rangers could be eliminated by losing tomorrow and having Rays and Indians both win tomorrow. Im hoping they all end up tied as that would mean three elimination* games. (Two games to determine WC teams, then the actual WC game).

*Technically if the home team wins the first game no one is eliminated, as the winning team hosts the WC game and the road team can be the 2nd WC team if they win the 2nd game.

That would be totally madness; a two-round wild card, one game elimination tourney.

That would be totally madness; a two-round wild card, one game elimination tourney.

Except that it really wouldnt be a one game elimination for every team.

It would be awesome.

I did make one mistake - the 1st game only determines the road team in the 2nd game and no one is eliminated in any scenario. Losing team goes on the road to play the 2nd game whether they are the road or home team in the 1st game.

And MLB revealed today that the 1st game would be Rays @ Indians on Monday, and the 2nd game would be 1st game loser @ Rangers on Tuesday. Game 1 and Game 2 winning teams would play wild card game on Wed (home team determined by regular season tie breakers, not tie-breaker games)
Share 49ersWebzone