There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

• crzy
  • Veteran
Dodgers will choke. I don't care if they have the most talent.
The angels haven't lost in months
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by jrg:
lol giants and angels doe

lol 2012

lol 61-75
Key Reds-Cards series coming up.

Both sides will come out battered and bruised in the end.
Originally posted by crzy:

That pitching staff doe

Wishful thinking. I dont see it though. Pitching wins in the playoffs and the Dodgers have great starting and relief pitching. Hope you are right though.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Wishful thinking. I dont see it though. Pitching wins in the playoffs and the Dodgers have great starting and relief pitching. Hope you are right though.

The Dodgers have all the makings of a team that will fizzle.

Most of the team has no playoff experience. They're going to coast into the playoffs, which kills any momentum. Theyre injury prone. They have Brandon League.

Somebody is going to enter the playoffs on fire from battling it out for a spot, and teams who havent been in a big game for a month+ tend to get bowled over.

Kershaw gives them a good shot, but I can see them heading in overconfident and rusty.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Most of the team has no playoff experience. They're going to coast into the playoffs, which kills any momentum. Theyre injury prone. They have Brandon League.

Somebody is going to enter the playoffs on fire from battling it out for a spot, and teams who havent been in a big game for a month+ tend to get bowled over.

Kershaw gives them a good shot, but I can see them heading in overconfident and rusty.

Brandon League? LOL He wont see an inning in a meaningful game. Kershaw and Greinke are the best 1-2 in baseball and that always gives a team the edge in a short series.
Yeah the Giants right now are just awful....No words about it but they will be back next year. Sign some decent relief pitchers, and get a bat and we are good to go. Our pitching next year is going to be nasty and I know Cain and Linecum will resort to being the best 1-2 in the LEAGUE. But yeah kinda hope the Orioles make it out of the AL since they are the only AL team I actually respect and somewhat cheer on.
Originally posted by NYVAGIANTSSUCK:
Yeah the Giants right now are just awful....No words about it but they will be back next year. Sign some decent relief pitchers, and get a bat and we are good to go. Our pitching next year is going to be nasty and I know Cain and Linecum will resort to being the best 1-2 in the LEAGUE. But yeah kinda hope the Orioles make it out of the AL since they are the only AL team I actually respect and somewhat cheer on.

You dont follow baseball very much do you?
I heard some stat on the radio yesterday that Clayton Kershaw is 52-0 when the Dodgers score at least 4 runs. (or maybe that's the Dodger's record in those games)
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I heard some stat on the radio yesterday that Clayton Kershaw is 52-0 when the Dodgers score at least 4 runs. (or maybe that's the Dodger's record in those games)

He is going to be the first 30M per year pitcher. Im guessing 7/210.

Brandon League? LOL He wont see an inning in a meaningful game. Kershaw and Greinke are the best 1-2 in baseball and that always gives a team the edge in a short series.

Youd think League wouldve been purged by now, but hes still in the pen getting regular work.

Youd think League wouldve been purged by now, but hes still in the pen getting regular work.

Really only when game is not on the line. Now they have Wilson, Ballasario, Rodriguez all setting up Jensen.
Really only when game is not on the line. Now they have Wilson, Ballasario, Rodriguez all setting up Jensen.

I don't know who Rodriguez is, but in the postseason I'd imagine that Wilson's their 7th inning guy, Bellasario sets up Jensen, and Capuano gets moved to the bullpen as a situational lefty/long reliever. There's no reason for League to pitch significant innings.