There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1m Source: #Nationals acquire DeJesus from #Cubs, release Bernadina. Trade for DeJesus first reported by @DannyKnoblerCBS
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1m Source: #Nationals acquire DeJesus from #Cubs, release Bernadina. Trade for DeJesus first reported by @DannyKnoblerCBS

LOL if the Nats think David DeJesus will somehow put them into the playoffs.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

He is an improvement...but still won't make the playoffs
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Girardi went ham on that ump, lol.

A-Rod should have reeeeaallly taken his time around the bases on that bomb off of Dempster to dead center.

Pedroia or Big Papi are getting hit next time these teams meet.

Later that game off Dempster too

lol i hate Aroid more than any other athlete but he just s**t all over Dempster lol

I don't think the Cards,Reds and Pirates are going to go away anytime soon.

Put the Nats among one of the most disappointed teams this year.
Originally posted by robniner:

I don't think the Cards,Reds and Pirates are going to go away anytime soon.

Put the Nats among one of the most disappointed teams this year.

disappointed lol
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Lol, there are people that still think Trout should win MVP this year over the best hitter in the world...Miggy.

That won't be happening. WAR or not.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Is there another sport in the world in which teams get LESS of an return on their investment on free agents than baseball?

Pujols, Hamilton, Werth, Zito, Carl Crawford....the list of disappointments are ENDLESS. It's just totally outrageous to me.
Originally posted by crzy:
Lol, there are people that still think Trout should win MVP this year over the best hitter in the world...Miggy.

It's happening with Darvish as people think he should win AL CY Young over the best pitcher in the league....Max Scherzer.

It's happening with Darvish as people think he should win AL CY Young over the best pitcher in the league....Max Scherzer.
I could see the argument
Darvish has more Ks, a better ERA
Scherzer has more wins and a better whip
Is there another sport in the world in which teams get LESS of an return on their investment on free agents than baseball?

Pujols, Hamilton, Werth, Zito, Carl Crawford....the list of disappointments are ENDLESS. It's just totally outrageous to me.

pretty much, but Werth was def worth it for the Nats.

Darvish and Scherzer are not that far apart. Scherzer will win but it isnt a no brainer. Cabrera on the other hand... lets just say it would be a travesty if he didnt win the MVP again. Trout is having a good year but shouldnt even be in the conversation. In fact, Chris Davis will be 2nd, not Trout.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

pretty much, but Werth was def worth it for the Nats.

Jason Werth got $126 million and was pretty worthless for the Nats in his first year. Yes, he is having a very good stretch right now but I would not say he was definitely worth the money at all. The problem with free agency is that the guys getting big money are typically in their declining years and getting paid for past production and not always future production. When teams sign Arod, Pujols, and Hamilton to long term deals at their ages, they know they will be getting hozed at the back end of the deals. Very rarely do you see a TOP free agent in his prime late 20 years hitting free agency. Teams are locking up these guys.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran

I could see the argument
Darvish has more Ks, a better ERA
Scherzer has more wins and a better whip

Mad Max's brown eye of the tiger will eat Darvish's soul

Miggy is winning B/B Triple Crowns cause Davis will slump in the last 3 weeks of the season
So,

AROD wants to lower his suspension from 211 to 150................

Why does he get to play while the others busted are done for the year?