There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

• IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The 40-8 record the Dodgers have in the last 48 games is the best 48 game stretch in MLB in 62 years. #bandwagon

the A's need to get on that s**t
The 40-8 record the Dodgers have in the last 48 games is the best 48 game stretch in MLB in 62 years. #bandwagon

You can see it from a mile away. LA will start to coast in Sept, enter the playoffs cold, and flame out in the first round.
Dodgers

• IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

You can see it from a mile away. LA will start to coast in Sept, enter the playoffs cold, and flame out in the first round.

I would insert my "A's will sweep them in the WS" joke but I dont think the A's will make the playoffs
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

I would insert my "A's will sweep them in the WS" joke but I dont think the A's will make the playoffs

already gave up on STL
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
already gave up on STL

trade Allen Craig to the A's please
no one on the A's can hit with risp anymore

We'll see. If someone can get through Kershaw x2, Greinke, & Ryu + that lineup 3 out of 5 games, I'll be impressed.

We'll see. If someone can get through Kershaw x2, Greinke, & Ryu + that lineup 3 out of 5 games, I'll be impressed.

The problem is the Dodgers are one of those "hot and cold" teams. When the Dodgers are hot, they cant lose. But when they go cold, they go ICE cold. Plus, Kershaw, Greinke, and Ryu have a combined 5 postseason starts, which total to a 6.30 era in 30.0 ip. Its hard to know how pitchers will react in big pressure situations.

If the Dodgers get hot at the right time, they could win it all, but they may be peaking too early. Plus theres the health issue. The middle of their order is the most injury riddled group of star players ever. Puig, Hanley, and Kemp are always banged up.
The angels are pennant bound
Alot of the distances posted are off, but theyre all BOMBS. Great montage of the longest HR's ever.

7:56 Edwin Encarnacion tees OFF.

It's funny how the Dodgers are World Series favorites.

Once again, if they go cold at the wrong time then they are done.

Safe to say the Pirates may be darkhorses.
Originally posted by robniner:
It's funny how the Dodgers are World Series favorites.

Once again, if they go cold at the wrong time then they are done.

Safe to say the Pirates may be darkhorses.

Any team can get cold and lose. The Dodgers should be the favorites. They clearly have the best roster in baseball and are winning games with Matt Kemp on the DL. Quite frankly, this team has no weakness. Again, best team money can buy.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Miguel Cabrera the last two weeks hitting .487 12 HR

ROIDS
THIS

LOL

Chris Davis is running away with his trophy.

lol he can have the HR trophy

We want the WS

Fact if Miggy played all his games at Yankee stadium he'd have 147 home runs

The problem is the Dodgers are one of those "hot and cold" teams. When the Dodgers are hot, they cant lose. But when they go cold, they go ICE cold. Plus, Kershaw, Greinke, and Ryu have a combined 5 postseason starts, which total to a 6.30 era in 30.0 ip. Its hard to know how pitchers will react in big pressure situations.

If the Dodgers get hot at the right time, they could win it all, but they may be peaking too early. Plus theres the health issue. The middle of their order is the most injury riddled group of star players ever. Puig, Hanley, and Kemp are always banged up.

99.. the Dodgers have never been ice cold since they got Puig. He really makes a big difference on that team. When they were ice cold as you say, they had Greinke, Kemp, and Ramirez hurt much of the time and no Puig. They also had Brandon League as their closer ( Mattingly was brain dead then). Jensen is simply lights out.

What seems to be really special about the team is that their non stars (AJ Ellis, Uribe, Punto, Schumaker) are all playing well and contributing.

Hopefully you are right about the playoffs and their pitching will lay an egg. I dont think that will happen but I hope it does.
Alot of the distances posted are off, but theyre all BOMBS. Great montage of the longest HR's ever.

7:56 Edwin Encarnacion tees OFF.

That was awesome. The sound of it is what always gets me. The most impressive thing I've ever seen live in baseball was a foul ball that Bonds hit at AT&T. He pulled it just foul, but that ball must have gone 500 feet (landed waaaay out in the ocean) and I've never heard anything like it before or since.