There are 240 users in the forums

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The Cards still offered him 9 years and more than 200 million. Lets not get carried away with how smart they were. They just got lucky that the Angels are idiots.

Pujols is just ONE example.

Pujols was the example used by the poster to say how smart the Cards were. My point was that the Cards werent smart at all when it came to Pujols. They wanted to give an aging player over 200 million dollars and got bailed out by the Angels. Sorry if you dont like it but its a fact.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
The Cards still offered him 9 years and more than 200 million. Lets not get carried away with how smart they were. They just got lucky that the Angels are idiots.

Pujols is just ONE example.

Pujols was the example used by the poster to say how smart the Cards were. My point was that the Cards werent smart at all when it came to Pujols. They wanted to give an aging player over 200 million dollars and got bailed out by the Angels. Sorry if you dont like it but its a fact.

The original comment was talking about the Cardinals organization. Sure the Angels signed him..but they certainly didn't "bail" the Cardinals out. He would have been signed by someone else if not. The Dodgers and Marlins were after him as well. He wouldn't have given anyone the years the Cardinals got out of him, but he would be expected to be a VERY productive player (especially if he moves to DH). Mozeliak wanted him to retire a Cardinal and it is unfortunate it didn't work out. Pujols certainly isn't worth the insane amount of money he got, but he will be back. He has been playing hurt for so long. He'll give the Angels some good years. Not 10 years like they signed him to, but he'll be back.
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
But yeah, I'm not him..but I believe his comment was going towards how the Cardinals have been THE organization for a long time. They're consistently good. Competing every season. Now they have the best winning % in baseball AND the #1 farm system in baseball. I'd say that has to count for something.
Lmao robniner is the weirdest poster ever

I thought he was just a spam bot on here for a while
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Hey guys, in today's action Puig's walkoff HR ends a scoreless tie in the 11th, Soriano delivered heroics in Jeter's return, and the A's stormed back to extend lead atop the AL West.

btw, download the official HR Derby app and swing for the fences. Its free!
Originally posted by Niners99:

Hey guys, in today's action Puig's walkoff HR ends a scoreless tie in the 11th, Soriano delivered heroics in Jeter's return, and the A's stormed back to extend lead atop the AL West.

Loooooool that was perfect
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
HEY take the cards suck fest to the cards suckoff thread

now they better announce suspensions today cause the Tigers need to make a deal for a SS

would mlb wait until after the trade deadline to announce them?

now that would be cold
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
The Tigers acquired the late-inning relief help they'd been looking for on Monday, trading for Astros closer Jose Veras.

In exchange for Veras, who has 19 saves and a 2.93 ERA this season, Houston will receive outfielder Danry Vasquez and a player to be named later from Detroit.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130729&content_id=55147354&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

LOL. You are good 99. Perhaps you can be Rob's assistant reporter.

LOL. You are good 99. Perhaps you can be Rob's assistant reporter.

He hasnt even defended himself yet, which isnt helping his case for not being an mlb.com spammer.

BTW, look who started this thread...
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jul 29, 2013 at 2:06 PM ]

• jrg
  • Veteran
Tigers get Astros closer Jose Veras

link

Tigers get Astros closer Jose Veras

link

Astros pulling a classic A's trick. Stick a decent RP at closer, let him rack up saves, trade him for prospects. then repeat.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Lol james posting like he didn't see my post from three hours before

Looks like the cards can't wait to get out of Pittsburgh either
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
Lol james posting like he didn't see my post from three hours before

Looks like the cards can't wait to get out of Pittsburgh either

nah we just ignore your posts bro
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 30, 2013 at 3:34 AM ]
  • SoCold