There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Texas beefing up to lose to the NL again?

Originally posted by robniner:
Rios Texas bound?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/white-sox-rangers-discussing-alex-rios.html

Texas beefing up to lose to the NL again?

If the rumor is true about Nelson Cruz and the roids, they better move on Rios ASAP.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Dream weaver
8 innings 2 hits 9 Ks

He's back

at least ernesto didn't rape my fantasy team again today

Thank goodness I had him on my bench; would have been pissed.
Matt Garza had a successful debut for the Rangers vs the Yankees, except for the throwing error which led to an unearned run.
Just browsing through the pages of good ol baseball-reference. I was looking at Tony Gwynn's career, and I cant get over how insane his career avg. was.

In 1982 as a rookie he batted a respectable .289. He would then hit .309 or better for the next 19 straight seasons, retiring with a .338 avg.

Hitting .338 over 20 years in modern baseball boggles my mind.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Just browsing through the pages of good ol baseball-reference. I was looking at Tony Gwynn's career, and I cant get over how insane his career avg. was.

In 1982 as a rookie he batted a respectable .289. He would then hit .309 or better for the next 19 straight seasons, retiring with a .338 avg.

Too bad his sons could not match his feat.
Originally posted by Niners99:

He was such a stud. I watched him take BP at candlestick as a kid. Unbelievable. He worked the line from left field to right field and then back to left.
I'm gonna be highly upset if Ruben Amaro signs Utley to an extension
Jake Peavy getting a lot of attention in the trade market. Red Sox, Diamondbacks, A's and Cards looking at him. However his asking price is too high.

Seems Peavy would hold more trade value than Norris, but Norris is much younger and can be a dominant pitcher if put with the right team and environment.
Originally posted by Knowledge:
I'm gonna be highly upset if Ruben Amaro signs Utley to an extension

I'd start getting upset. Amaro has been meeting with the second baseman quite frequently.

Honestly, Utley at least has two more years left in him. He may be interested to retire as a Phillie.
Bryce Harper hits a GW HR in the bottom of the ninth against Pittsburgh to end the slide for the Nats.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Soriano scratched from Cubs lineup

Looks like he's heading to NYY
Soriano scratched from Cubs lineup

Looks like he's heading to NYY

Full circle.
We should know by this weekend if the Phillies will be sellers, or shipping Michael Young.

Phillies get swept by the Cardinals.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Yankees Acquire Alfonso Soriano

8:00am: Jim Bowden of ESPN and MLB Network Radio tweets that the trade has officially been approved by MLB.

7:50am: The Yankees and Cubs are in agreement on a trade that will send Alfonso Sorianoback to the Bronx, pending approval from Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig, Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports. Nightengale adds that Soriano is expected to be in the Yankees' lineup tonight, and a club official told him that the Cubs will receive a Class-A pitching prospect in exchange. ESPN's Buster Olney reports (via Twitter) that the Yankees will pay $6.8MM of the roughly $24.5MM remaining on Soriano's contract -- $1.8MM in 2013 and $5MM in 2014. The Cubs will choose from a short list of pitching prospects that includes Corey Black, Tommy Kahnle and perhaps one other player, tweets Jon Heyman of CBS Sports. Joel Sherman of the New York Post adds (via Twitter) that the Cubs are leaning towards Black, confirming a reportfrom Chris Cotillo of MLBDailyDish.com.

Originally posted by robniner:
We should know by this weekend if the Phillies will be sellers, or shipping Michael Young.

Phillies get swept by the Cardinals.

they should already be sellers.....Ruben Amaro is a moron if he thinks this team can compete this year
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home