LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by robniner:
So

The Phillies declared Jonathan Papelbon is off the trade deadline market.

Names leaking out for closers are Steve Chisek, Ryan Webb, Glen Perkins and K-Rod.

Ryan Webb? Guy isnt even a closer and not overpowering at all. I can see the others though.

All I know is that the Tigers are looking at those two Marlin relievers.
So

Names leaking out for closers are Steve Chisek, Ryan Webb, Glen Perkins and K-Rod.

Ryan Webb? Guy isnt even a closer and not overpowering at all. I can see the others though.

Yes. I look at MLBRumors too. Webb would certainly not be to close games.
There were posts referring to the Cubs offering players available for the deadline. Here are some players that have popped up via MLBTR.

"As we approach the deadline, Chicago's
other team is getting ready to sell . Nate
Schierholtz , Kevin Gregg , Scott Feldman ,
David DeJesus, Alfonso Soriano , James
Russell , and Matt Garza are among the
names that could draw interest."
So

Great site! Way better than paying for an insider subscription on ESPN.

I hope the Tiger scout enjoyed the Marlins/Giants series.
So

The Tigers have kept an eye on Brian Wilson. I have a feeling if hes healthy by the break he will sign there. Id love to have him back in SF, but I think he takes the closer job over the setup job.
Originally posted by Niners99:
So

The Tigers have kept an eye on Brian Wilson. I have a feeling if hes healthy by the break he will sign there. Id love to have him back in SF, but I think he takes the closer job over the setup job.

Very interesting.

Haven't heard that. Wonder if the AL would serve him best in his attempts to make a comeback?
Very interesting.

Haven't heard that. Wonder if the AL would serve him best in his attempts to make a comeback?

With Wilson, it doesn't matter which league he throws in. It only matters if his arm returns to 100%. When healthy, his stuff is hard and electric. He flirts with wildness which helps him. Kind of like Timmy when he threw hard. He was not close to being 100% so he got no interest. I havent read anything stating he was getting close to being healthy, unless you guys have?
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Very interesting.

With Wilson, it doesn't matter which league he throws in. It only matters if his arm returns to 100%. When healthy, his stuff is hard and electric. He flirts with wildness which helps him. Kind of like Timmy when he threw hard. He was not close to being 100% so he got no interest. I havent read anything stating he was getting close to being healthy, unless you guys have?

I just remember back in May sometime he said he was targeting the All-Star break to be 100%, and he wasnt even going to talk with anyone until then.

The Giants and Tigers were the only 2 teams who watched him throw this offseason I think.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Anyone catch that interesting interaction between Phillies mgr Charlie Manuel and that Philly sports radio personality?

The history of the Angels midseason wheeling and dealing of the past few seasons

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/2013062451654518/
The Blue Jays: the end of the winning streak will prove if they can still keep it up, or, falter to the back of the pack.

Jose Reyes comes back.
[ Edited by robniner on Jun 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM ]
AROD has declared that he is cleared to resume baseball activities. Brian Cashman is a bit ticked off.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
the Astros are good
AROD has declared that he is cleared to resume baseball activities. Brian Cashman is a bit ticked off.

Cleared to start rehab 1 July in AAA I thought? Baseball isn't happy either with looming roids case
Share 49ersWebzone