it's officially that time of the year... baseball and nothing else

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by robniner:
WE WANT TAVERAS *clap clap clap clap clap* WE WANT TAVERAS *clap clap clap clap clap*

Funny that wasn't mentioned.

I was exaggerating. He has nowhere to play unless someone gets hurt.

Cept Taveras is the most likely one to get hurt among those guys.

Colby Rasmus part 2.

Rasmus was never compared to Barry Bonds, the #2 prospect in baseball, and the #1 hitting prospect in baseball

lol Every Cardinals fan was over the moon about Rasmus, and thought he was going to be a superstar, including you. you used to RAVE about Rasmus.

When they told Matt Holliday that Taveras was compared to Bonds, he rolled his eyes. Taveras only has 45 HR in over 1400 career AB's, and just 34 SB with 15 CS. Hes not going to be Barry Bonds.

wrong

5 Homers and hitting under .300 in the hitting crazy PCL is not anything to go nuts over just yet. I think he will be a very good player but it is a joke to compare him to Barry Bonds.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
5 Homers and hitting under .300 in the hitting crazy PCL is not anything to go nuts over just yet. I think he will be a very good player but it is a joke to compare him to Barry Bonds.

it's a joke to compare any player that hasn't played in an MLB game yet to Barry Bonds
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:
WE WANT TAVERAS *clap clap clap clap clap* WE WANT TAVERAS *clap clap clap clap clap*

Funny that wasn't mentioned.

I was exaggerating. He has nowhere to play unless someone gets hurt.

Cept Taveras is the most likely one to get hurt among those guys.

Colby Rasmus part 2.

Rasmus was never compared to Barry Bonds, the #2 prospect in baseball, and the #1 hitting prospect in baseball

lol Every Cardinals fan was over the moon about Rasmus, and thought he was going to be a superstar, including you. you used to RAVE about Rasmus.

When they told Matt Holliday that Taveras was compared to Bonds, he rolled his eyes. Taveras only has 45 HR in over 1400 career AB's, and just 34 SB with 15 CS. Hes not going to be Barry Bonds.

wrong

i didn't compare him. mlb network top prospect show compared him to "a young Barry Bonds"

also, he has been hurt
i didn't compare him. mlb network top prospect show compared him to "a young Barry Bonds"

also, he has been hurt

Well.. then the MLB guy was stupid to make that comparison. Let him at least do it in the majors for a year before comparing him to the greatest hitter of this generation. I know they get carried away at times with these prospects and I get it but this was way over the top.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

also, he has been hurt

Well.. then the MLB guy was stupid to make that comparison. Let him at least do it in the majors for a year before comparing him to the greatest hitter of this generation. I know they get carried away at times with these prospects and I get it but this was way over the top.

every prospect has a "mlb comparison"

you guys are just getting worked up because Taveras was mentioned in the same sentence as bonds

also, he has been hurt

you guys are just getting worked up because Taveras was mentioned in the same sentence as bonds

Considering he isnt even hitting for much power in the minors, and he isnt stealing bases at a very prolific level, id say comparing him to Bonds is pretty ridiculous.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

also, he has been hurt

Considering he isnt even hitting for much power in the minors, and he isnt stealing bases at a very prolific level, id say comparing him to Bonds is pretty ridiculous.

again, he has been hurt quite a bit

also, he has been hurt

again, he has been hurt quite a bit
in 5 seasons in the minors Taveras has 34 SB and 15 CS
Barry Bonds in 2 minor league seasons had 31 SB and 8 CS

Has Taveras been hurt every year?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
lol im not gonna even keep arguing this.

i never said he is the next Barry Bonds

I'm quoting mlb network

moving on

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 2m Have heard this from rival evaluators: The Cubs have started the process of exchanging names with other teams on some of their players.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 2m Have heard this from rival evaluators: The Cubs have started the process of exchanging names with other teams on some of their players.

surprised it's taken this long

I'll take Starlin Castro, thank you very much. He's struggling right now, but maybe he just needs a fresh start.
Originally posted by DaDDieO:

I'll take Starlin Castro, thank you very much. He's struggling right now, but maybe he just needs a fresh start.

oh gawd I wish, his contract isn't even that ridiculous. 7.5 mill per year.

CF - Crisp
SS - Castro
LF - Cespedes
3B - Donaldson
2B - Lowrie
1B - Moss/Freiman
RF - Reddick
DH - Young/Smith
C - Norris/Jaso

Sogard as our utility man.
Make it happen Beane
  • jrg