There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 111,242
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by robniner:
White Sox........can't even beat the Astros.

Cardinals...can't even beat the Marlins

To be fair, the Astros have given a lot of teams problems this year.

But the White Sox with all that power? Robin Ventura seat is getting warm.

He certainly is no Mike Matheny


1st year - 1 game away from the WS
2nd year - best record in baseball


Fine job in transitioning from one outstanding era to his tenure. Same with the Duncan to Lilliquist.

Keep the ball rolling
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by robniner:
White Sox........can't even beat the Astros.

Cardinals...can't even beat the Marlins

To be fair, the Astros have given a lot of teams problems this year.

But the White Sox with all that power? Robin Ventura seat is getting warm.

He certainly is no Mike Matheny


1st year - 1 game away from the WS
2nd year - best record in baseball


Fine job in transitioning from one outstanding era to his tenure. Same with the Duncan to Lilliquist.

Keep the ball rolling

And don't forget the outstanding farm system that guarantees the Cards will remain competitive for years to come.
Most anticipated prospect in baseball, RF Will Myers, will finally make his debut shortly.

Now, things about to get interesting in the AL ROY picture.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 111,242


  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 111,242
Originally posted by robniner:
Most anticipated prospect in baseball, RF Will Myers, will finally make his debut shortly.

Now, things about to get interesting in the AL ROY picture.

Wait til Taveras gets called up in September
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by robniner:
Most anticipated prospect in baseball, RF Will Myers, will finally make his debut shortly.

Now, things about to get interesting in the AL ROY picture.

Wait til Taveras gets called up in September

How about August?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 111,242
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by robniner:
Most anticipated prospect in baseball, RF Will Myers, will finally make his debut shortly.

Now, things about to get interesting in the AL ROY picture.

Wait til Taveras gets called up in September

How about August?

As long as he is called up before the season ends. Come up, start hitting everything and make the post season roster
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 111,242
Cubs/Cardinals tonight on ESPN (weather permitting)










  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 111,242
Jonathan Papelbon rumors: Tigers, Red Sox, Cardinals potentially interested

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/SBNation_20130617_Jonathan_Papelbon_rumors__Tigers__Red_Sox__Cardinals_potentially_interested.html#iYepsjsvGPQ7dLdo.01
Originally posted by jrg:
Jonathan Papelbon rumors: Tigers, Red Sox, Cardinals potentially interested

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/SBNation_20130617_Jonathan_Papelbon_rumors__Tigers__Red_Sox__Cardinals_potentially_interested.html#iYepsjsvGPQ7dLdo.01

Ruben Amaro needs to get top prospects if he intends on trading Lee and Pap

and i just dont think he will with his history of past trades
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by jrg:
Jonathan Papelbon rumors: Tigers, Red Sox, Cardinals potentially interested

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/SBNation_20130617_Jonathan_Papelbon_rumors__Tigers__Red_Sox__Cardinals_potentially_interested.html#iYepsjsvGPQ7dLdo.01

Ruben Amaro needs to get top prospects if he intends on trading Lee and Pap

and i just dont think he will with his history of past trades

Tigers are looking for a closer.
Mets pitching phenom, Zach Wheeler, to finally make his debut
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/06/mets-to-promote-zack-wheeler.html
Lost in the lights of these super prospects coming up, Pirates pitcher Gerrit Cole, who is 2-0 and has victories against the Giants and Dodgers.
[ Edited by robniner on Jun 17, 2013 at 6:07 PM ]
Originally posted by robniner:
Mets pitching phenom, Zach Wheeler, to finally make his debut
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/06/mets-to-promote-zack-wheeler.html

  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 111,242
Originally posted by robniner:
Lost in the lights of these super prospects coming up, Pirates pitcher Gerrit Cole, who is 2-0 and has victories against the Giants and Dodgers.

2-0 w/ 3 strikeouts