There are 206 users in the forums

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Originally posted by ads_2006:
mets better not trade for either

agreed
For the second consecutive start, Matt Moore gets rocked again I guess the weather is warming up.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:
For the second consecutive start, Matt Moore gets rocked again I guess the weather is warming up.

Killing my fantasy team
Originally posted by jrg:

Killing my fantasy team

The remedy is a NL team in a NL park.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
This would be mine:

National League

C Buster Posey SF
Yadier Molina STL

1B Joey Votto CIN
Paul Goldschmidt AZ
Adrian Gonzalez LAD

2B Brandon Phillips CIN
Matt Carpenter STL
Marco Scutaro SF

SS Jean Segura MIL
Troy Tulowitzki COL
Everth Cabrera SD

3B David Wright NY
Pablo Sandoval SF

OF Carlos Gonzalez COL
Hunter Pence SF
Domonic Brown PHI
Carlos Gomez MIL
Carlos Beltran STL
Andrew McCutchen PIT

SP Clayton Kershaw LAD
Matt Harvey NYM
Adam Wainwright STL
Cliff Lee PHI
Jordan Zimmermann WAS
Mike Minor ATL
Shelby Miller STL
Travis Wood CHC
Madison Bumgarner SF
Jose Fernandez MIA

RP
Jason Grilli PIT
Sergio Romo SF
Aroldis Chapman CIN
Edward Mujica STL

We agree for the most part but........... I think you are being a bit of a homer on your Giants picks. However, Bochy is the Mgr so he will probably put them on

Corbin >>> Bumgarner (Corbin leads league in wins, era under 2, whip barely over 1)
Choo > Pence (Choo 8th in league in OPS and 6th in league in Runs scored)

I factored the Bochy part in, which is why i made those changes. Pence definitely deserves it. Hes been fantastic. Choo has been good too, but his offensive numbers arent as impressive. .284 avg, 10 hr, 21 rbi, 5 sb, etc. hes getting on base at a fantastic rate, and playing great D, but in a game thats also about star power, i think a guy like McCutchen should go instead. Hes just been a bit better imo.

Since AZ has Goldschmidt already, and I think Corbin tails off a bit in the next month, I can see Bochy giving Bumgarner the nod, mainly because hes deserved to go the last couple years, and never been picked. He has to step it up a bit before then though.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jun 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM ]

WARNING! WARNING!

The Spelling Unit Of The Grammar Police is out in full force. Be prepared to be given full crap, or FYP'ed.

Now if only managers and players were the only ones to make those decisions of who deserves to start in the All-Star game?

lol its a pet peeve of mine. I was just giving John a hard time for fun.

Managers should be given the choices. Then we wouldn't have Nomar Garciaparra voted as the starting SS after he didn't play in a single game until then.

WARNING! WARNING!

The Spelling Unit Of The Grammar Police is out in full force. Be prepared to be given full crap, or FYP'ed.

Now if only managers and players were the only ones to make those decisions of who deserves to start in the All-Star game?

lol its a pet peeve of mine. I was just giving John a hard time for fun.

Managers should be given the choices. Then we wouldn't have Nomar Garciaparra voted as the starting SS after he didn't play in a single game until then.

I hate the fact that every team has to be represented because it leaves out players that DESERVES to be there. That is why every season we have to talk about players that got snubbed. Those players who end up on THE FINAL VOTE, those players all deserve to go.
[ Edited by robniner on Jun 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

[ Edited by jrg on Jun 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Cleveland gonna Cleveland
Phils suck again

MLB ‏@MLB Father's Day Week Special: Starting today thru Sunday, get @MLBTV Premium for only $49.99 - 50 percent off: http://atmlb.com/13RW58O
I factored the Bochy part in, which is why i made those changes. Pence definitely deserves it. Hes been fantastic. Choo has been good too, but his offensive numbers arent as impressive. .284 avg, 10 hr, 21 rbi, 5 sb, etc. hes getting on base at a fantastic rate, and playing great D, but in a game thats also about star power, i think a guy like McCutchen should go instead. Hes just been a bit better imo.

Since AZ has Goldschmidt already, and I think Corbin tails off a bit in the next month, I can see Bochy giving Bumgarner the nod, mainly because hes deserved to go the last couple years, and never been picked. He has to step it up a bit before then though.

I was making my picks based on right now. Corbin deserves the nod over Bumgarner as it stands today. Perhaps that can change. I have no doubt that Bochy will put McCutchen and Pence on the team. I dont know if they deserve it over Choo for this season. Choo has been remarkable as a lead off hitter and not fair to include RBI for him hitting out of that spot. His OBP and runs scored are great.

Oh one more thing.. Segura over Tulo? Come on man. Tulo might be the MVP of the NL right now.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jun 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Niners99 is just excited about Segura because he got him cheap in his fantasy league. No way he is in over Tulowitzki.
Freddie Freeman and Evan Gattis need to be all-stars
Originally posted by valrod33:
Freddie Freeman and Evan Gattis need to be all-stars

I could see giving Freeman the nod over Gonzalez as the 3rd first baseman. Not a chance he deserves it over Votto or Goldschmidt. As for Gattis, nice story and all but I have a hard time putting a guy on the AS team that isnt even a full time player on his own team.
Share 49ersWebzone