There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who Is The True Face Of MLB?

Who Is The True Face Of MLB?

Originally posted by robniner:
Looks like it is down to Kemp vs. Votto.
It's pretty bad when a good portion of casual fans couldn't identify the face of a Finalist for "Face of the MLB". lol
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Mar 2, 2013 at 4:00 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
It's pretty bad when a good portion of casual fans couldn't identify the face of a Finalist for "Face of the MLB". lol

Ouch!

Ya man, can't believe some people don't know what Cespedes looks like
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

Alright, not its just getting annoying. Lol
Originally posted by jrg:

Alright, not its just getting annoying. Lol

Lol there's actually a couple dudes that think I'm serious

NFL is kinda the same way. You always see players wearing their jerseys in commercials because a lot of fans wouldn't recognize them without the jersey. Except for players like Manning or Brady
  • crzy
  • Veteran
NFL is kinda the same way. You always see players wearing their jerseys in commercials because a lot of fans wouldn't recognize them without the jersey. Except for players like Manning or Brady

No not even close. Everybody can recognize the top superstars in the NFL. Half the country watches the Superbowl.

Baseball stars just simply aren't as marketable, except for rare icons like Jeter.

But not since Ken Griffey Jr. has a baseball star been truly transcendent in America while simultaneously being the best player at his sport.
[ Edited by crzy on Mar 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:
No not even close. Everybody can recognize the top superstars in the NFL. Half the country watches the Superbowl.

Baseball stars just simply aren't as marketable, except for rare icons like Jeter.

But not since Ken Griffey Jr. has a baseball star been truly transcendent in America while simultaneously being the best player at his sport.

I didn't mean they're not marketable. I meant it literally. A lot of casual fans wouldn't recognize football players without their uniforms, probably because they're always wearing a helmet.

Look at commercials. Besides the huge names like Brady, Manning, and Brees, NFL players are usually wearing their uniforms in commercials.
  • crzy
  • Veteran

I didn't mean they're not marketable. I meant it literally. A lot of casual fans wouldn't recognize football players without their uniforms, probably because they're always wearing a helmet.

Look at commercials. Besides the huge names like Brady, Manning, and Brees, NFL players are usually wearing their uniforms in commercials.

I think we're talking more name recognition, not facial recognition.

I mean, even Tom Cruise can go unrecognized as a UPS deliveryman.

I think we're talking more name recognition, not facial recognition.

I mean, even Tom Cruise can go unrecognized as a UPS deliveryman.

Ya I was talking about facial recognition because LA said " a good portion of casual fans couldn't identify the face of a Finalist for "Face of the MLB"

I dont think anyone expected Tom Cruise to be in a UPS uniform lol.
Ya I was talking about facial recognition because LA said " a good portion of casual fans couldn't identify the face of a Finalist for "Face of the MLB"

I dont think anyone expected Tom Cruise to be in a UPS uniform lol.

Ya, if someone told me "look for Joey Votto...he's in this room right now", I'm not sure I could spot him.

The issue with marketing NFL players is because of the fact that they wear helmets that cover their face. The sport is just popular enough to overcome some of that.

Baseball can afford to pay their players more than the NFL, so theyre doing something right. Plus baseball contracts are 100% guaranteed.
steroids
Lol oh those damn Canadians!!!!