There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Report: Maloofs finalizing deal sending Kings to Seattle

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by Muggins:
Yep. I don't think many here are following things too closely. There is a real legitimate shot that KJ saves the Kings.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson says he has received approval from NBA Commissioner David Stern to present a counter-offer to the league from investors who would keep the Kings in California's capital city.

Holy dick

can we build the man a statue already, he def deserves it.
If KJ wins out and keeps the Kings in Sac while ridding the town of the Maloofs, someone needs to put Gavin and Joe's heads on Hakeem and Kenny Smith.

Originally posted by sacniner:
Yep. I don't think many here are following things too closely. There is a real legitimate shot that KJ saves the Kings.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson says he has received approval from NBA Commissioner David Stern to present a counter-offer to the league from investors who would keep the Kings in California's capital city.

Dude, I don't want to get too excited... Trying to stay even keel and assume that this team will probably leave. But, I still know that there is hope.

If we stay in town, I think Seattle will get an expansion team. Seattle will get a team one way or another. They have an arena plan, deep pockets and the NBA really likes that market. But, I know Stern has remained consistent in saying the NBA will not expand so who knows.

I feel like in Sports terms my mindset is reflecting my coach... KJ. He's like the Harbaugh and we are the Kaepernick. lol

I have a s**t ton of confidence in KJ in this particular situation.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
If KJ wins out and keeps the Kings in Sac while ridding the town of the Maloofs, someone needs to put Gavin and Joe's heads on Hakeem and Kenny Smith.

That's our muthafukkin Mayor right there!

Can they force the Maloofs to sell or can they stop them from selling?
The Maloof family that owns the Sacramento Kings has reached a purchase agreement to sell a 65 percent controlling interest in the franchise to a Seattle group led by Chris Hansen for $525 million, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that NBA teams were formally notified Sunday night of the deal, which still requires league approval.

The executed purchase agreement to transfer the 65 percent majority stake in the Kings to Hansen's group represents the shares owned by the Maloofs and one minority owner. Sources said that there has not yet been an agreement submitted on the remaining 35 percent of the franchise, which is held by minority shareholders, not the Maloofs.

The deal, according to sources familiar with the specifics, calls for the Maloofs to receive a non-refundable $30 million deposit from the Seattle group by Feb. 1. The NBA, furthermore, is expecting Hansen to apply for relocation to Seattle in time for the 2013-14 season by the league's March 1 deadline.

Last week, Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson said he had received approval from NBA commissioner David Stern to present a counteroffer to the league from buyers who would keep the team in Sacramento.

He said the city is in a "six-week sprint" to put together a proposal for the NBA's Board of Governors to consider over a potential sale and relocation to Seattle.

Yahoo! Sports reported earlier this month that the Kings, upon relocation, would play two seasons in the Seattle SuperSonics' old home at Key Arena while construction is completed on a new building.
Sorry my dudes.
KJ KJ KJ KJ KJ KJ KJ
$525M and it's for 65% of the share? WTF?!?
f**k
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
f**k

Was always going to be a longshot to keep them here.
Just so everyone knows what happened here...

We've been told for years by the Maloofs that they needed a new arena or they would be leaving town.
We said can we renovate Arco? They said no chance.
So we came up with an arena plan, approved by the city, agreed to by the Maloofs. They celebrated it.
Then they backed out, said they never agreed, asked if we'd renovate Arco.

We said OK, we've got some interested parties who will buy the team and work with us. Will you sell?
For years, nothing but a fierce no. Wouldn't entertain the thought. Won't sell ever. Pissed them off to even mention the idea.
Then like slithering snakes, they went to a Seattle group without letting us know, without giving us a chance to buy.
Turns out we have multiple interested buyers. Wouldn't that have interested the Maloofs? Nope.

So we did everything asked. Those who say we didn't support the team know nothing. The Maloofs have turned people off with their actions and a bad product. And many of us still fight like hell to keep them around 'cause we love the Kings.

Why do the Maloofs hate Sacramento so much? That's the question. Now only a miracle from David Stern and the NBA will save this complete load of unjust bullsh*t. If not, f*ck the NBA to hell.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

We've been told for years by the Maloofs that they needed a new arena or they would be leaving town.
So we came up with an arena plan, approved by the city, agreed to by the Maloofs. They celebrated it.

We said OK, we've got some interested parties who will buy the team and work with us. Will you sell?
For years, nothing but a fierce no. Wouldn't entertain the thought. Won't sell ever. Pissed them off to even mention the idea.
Then like slithering snakes, they went to a Seattle group without letting us know, without giving us a chance to buy.
Turns out we have multiple interested buyers. Wouldn't that have interested the Maloofs? Nope.

So we did everything asked. Those who say we didn't support the team know nothing. The Maloofs have turned people off with their actions and a bad product. And many of us still fight like hell to keep them around 'cause we love the Kings.

Why do the Maloofs hate Sacramento so much? That's the question. Now only a miracle from David Stern and the NBA will save this complete load of unjust bullsh*t. If not, f*ck the NBA to hell.

They don't hate sac. They are just broke.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by SacRock14:

And they won't sell to Sac to get money because they hate Sac.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

How does that explain the slimy backdoor deal with Seattle?

They've known for at least a year that if the team is for sale, we are interested. Just look at the names that have been linked to interest in the two weeks since we found out -- Ron Burkle, Mark Mastrov, Larry Ellison, the anonymous Downtown Plaza group, and more willing to be smaller investors.

Wouldn't it make sense from a business perspective to inform us the team is for sale so we can prepare an offer? Before running to Seattle? If they found Hansen had the best deal, we'd still hate them but at least it would make some sense. But they agreed with Seattle before making the team available publicly.

This reeks of some grudge/hatred for Sac that is unfounded.