There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Report: Maloofs finalizing deal sending Kings to Seattle

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Bobcats will move here and become the kings

Nah, theyre going back to being the Hornets.

Stern should just wise up and say "Seattle, heres an expansion Sonics. Maloofs, sell the team to a Sacramento based group, Anaheim, you dont need a 3rd team, and Virginia Beach, your city is a retarded place for an NBA franchise in the first place."

Oh, and "Washington, change the team name back to the Bullets. The Wizards is a terrible name."

I agree 100%

That would solve everything
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Bobcats will move here and become the kings

Nah, theyre going back to being the Hornets.

Stern should just wise up and say "Seattle, heres an expansion Sonics. Maloofs, sell the team to a Sacramento based group, Anaheim, you dont need a 3rd team, and Virginia Beach, your city is a retarded place for an NBA franchise in the first place."

Oh, and "Washington, change the team name back to the Bullets. The Wizards is a terrible name."

+San Francisco Warriors when they move to the pier
Originally posted by Super9er81:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm on the fence with this one. On one hand the fans deserve better and I wish they didn't have to lose their team. But on the other, you've got a city and new ownership that's ready to build a new arena. Seattle was on the losing side of this before, so they have earned the right to have another team. Just sucks for the sacramentoians.

Sacramento had an arena deal in place that David Stern himself had negotiated and agreed to the Maloofs just backed out. Kevin Johnson apparently had buyers ready if that's the direction that they wanted to go. Sacramento has already brought both an new arena deal and and new ownership group to the table for the NBA.

The Maloofs have done everything they can possibly do to screw the city of Sacramento. They really have.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Paul:
so does that mean the Kings will get a future NBA team also?

San Jose Grizzlies owned by Larry Ellison

His vision is a lot clearer now
Originally posted by modninerfan:
So... can we just steal a team from somebody else?

To make amends the NBA will force the Thunder to be sold to a Sacramento investor and moved to Sac, renamed the Kings. Consolation prize for having s**ttiest owners ever, Kevin Durant.

Then the Hornets will move to OKC where they always belonged. Jazz rightfully move to NO. Then Bobcats move somewhere or just die, no1curr.
Me gusta
Damn man, this sucks. I'm a Warriors fan, but I don't want to see the Kings leave. I'll always remember the early 2000's Kings lineup with C-Webb, Divac, Peja, Bibby, Christie, Bobby Jackson. I wonder how things might be different if they were able to win a championship.
White chocolate
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,475
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
+San Francisco Warriors when they move to the pier

I like Golden State doe
I haven't watched that much Bball since the Kings were robbed in the playoffs by Kobe.That shti hurt, man.

Warriors haven't stepped up since Mullin until now.
If Warriors move to SF I'll start rooting , agahyn.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
+San Francisco Warriors when they move to the pier

It will never happen. As a SF native, I would love it but it would BE SO WRONG for Oakland and surrounding cities. It's bad enough that the Warriors are possibly on the move, but to change their name to SF would add salt to the wounds.






At any rate, Rick Bucher (sp?) wrote an article stating that IF the Maloofs sells the team, they want to maintain certain control as far as management. If the new owners don't comply to their demands, then they'll try to move the team to Anaheim. I think this is total BS.

To debunk this theory or rumor, Aaron Bruski wrote this:

Aaron Bruski‏@aaronbruskiThe Maloofs have no leverage in the OC, no deal in the OC, and no leverage in an antitrust suit. Anybody reporting that is on the take.


So take it FWIW
So is it a done deal or not? Damn this hurts!!
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
+San Francisco Warriors when they move to the pier

It will never happen. As a SF native, I would love it but it would BE SO WRONG for Oakland and surrounding cities. It's bad enough that the Warriors are possibly on the move, but to change their name to SF would add salt to the wounds.








Actually I think that you are wrong. When the Warriors move back to San Francisco, I think the probability is strong that their name changes. San Francisco Warriors was the original name when the team moved here from Philadelphia and, the team is now heavily marketing the retro "The City" slogan and emblem. When the Warriors ownership has been asked about a name change they haven't said one way or the other (for obvious reasons while the team is based in Oakland) but it makes sense that the name would revert back once the Warriors are based in San Francisco. Salt in the wounds will have nothing to do with the decision.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Actually I think that you are wrong. When the Warriors move back to San Francisco, I think the probability is strong that their name changes. San Francisco Warriors was the original name when the team moved here from Philadelphia and, the team is now heavily marketing the retro "The City" slogan and emblem. When the Warriors ownership has been asked about a name change they haven't said one way or the other (for obvious reasons while the team is based in Oakland) but it makes sense that the name would revert back once the Warriors are based in San Francisco. Salt in the wounds will have nothing to do with the decision.

Either way, I don't care. For me, it would make sense to have Golden State instead of "san francisco." I'm not going to lose sleep over it if they decide to change their name or not. The owner (lacob i believe) said that they're going to keep the golden state name in an interview last year. We all know that owners lie like politicians, but it would make sense to leave it alone.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
So... can we just steal a team from somebody else?

To make amends the NBA will force the Thunder to be sold to a Sacramento investor and moved to Sac, renamed the Kings. Consolation prize for having s**ttiest owners ever, Kevin Durant.

Then the Hornets will move to OKC where they always belonged. Jazz rightfully move to NO. Then Bobcats move somewhere or just die, no1curr.

Jordan curr