There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Report: Maloofs finalizing deal sending Kings to Seattle

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
That's disgusting and I hate the kings

I'm on the fence with this one. On one hand the fans deserve better and I wish they didn't have to lose their team. But on the other, you've got a city and new ownership that's ready to build a new arena. Seattle was on the losing side of this before, so they have earned the right to have another team. Just sucks for the sacramentoians.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
That's disgusting and I hate the kings

I'm on the fence with this one. On one hand the fans deserve better and I wish they didn't have to lose their team. But on the other, you've got a city and new ownership that's ready to build a new arena. Seattle was on the losing side of this before, so they have earned the right to have another team. Just sucks for the sacramentoians.

I hate Seattle more than I hate the Kings

Sacramento had an arena deal in place that David Stern himself had negotiated and agreed to the Maloofs just backed out. Kevin Johnson apparently had buyers ready if that's the direction that they wanted to go. Sacramento has already brought both an new arena deal and and new ownership group to the table for the NBA.
i want some of that Adrienne Maloof action.

Originally posted by Super9er81:

Sacramento had an arena deal in place that David Stern himself had negotiated and agreed to the Maloofs just backed out. Kevin Johnson apparently had buyers ready if that's the direction that they wanted to go. Sacramento has already brought both an new arena deal and and new ownership group to the table for the NBA.

Yeah Stoney should probably keep his mouth shut about things he is completely clueless on. Sacramento had a sweet arena deal approved.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
so does that mean the Kings will get a future NBA team also?
Originally posted by Paul:

Maybe if a new Arena got built.
Good for Seattle.
Originally posted by Paul:

San Jose Grizzlies owned by Larry Ellison
Kings should have moved to Queens
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Kings should have moved to Queens

So... can we just steal a team from somebody else?
Originally posted by modninerfan:
So... can we just steal a team from somebody else?

expansion is the most likely way sac will ever have a team.

The likely hood of that happening is close to zero.
Bobcats will move here and become the kings
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Bobcats will move here and become the kings

Nah, theyre going back to being the Hornets.

Stern should just wise up and say "Seattle, heres an expansion Sonics. Maloofs, sell the team to a Sacramento based group, Anaheim, you dont need a 3rd team, and Virginia Beach, your city is a retarded place for an NBA franchise in the first place."

Oh, and "Washington, change the team name back to the Bullets. The Wizards is a terrible name."