There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

India - Pakistan Cricket

I'm an American, and my passion is 49er football. I've been living in India for some years and being a sports fan I had to watch something so I started watching cricket. It's very similar to baseball, and the game is religion in this part of the world. After a 5 year hiatus due to terrorist issues Pakistan is once again playing in India and I'm sure close to a billion people watch the games. There can be no games in Pakistan because the last time a team (Sri Lanka) played there they were machined gunned by terrorists on their way to the grounds. Several players were injured and they barely made it out alive (talk about a tough home field). The Pakistan team is always fixing matches and their captain and top bowler (pitcher) were banned for taking bribes. This is an ongoing issue with the team. Pakistan is currently shredding the India batting attack and is set for victory in the 5 match series

Indian players are multi-millionaires and are more like rock stars. They pitch every product imaginable. The only problem is that fame and money take precedence over playing cricket. So the team, though hyped as world beaters, is weak . That's a little introduction to cricket on the Asian front.
Sounds like a fantastic place.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Sounds like a fantastic place.

better than dodger stadium
  • IT21
Thoroughly enjoyed England's recent Test series win in India, agree that many Indian players are somewhat overhyped. Pakistan look a good side. Looking forward to this summer's Ashes v Australia, I have tickets for the Old Trafford (Manchester) match.
Originally posted by A-broken-Mir:

Did they rob the coliseum in Oakland of the upper deck tarp?
So they get crickets to play sports over there? I knew third world countries did weird things, but man...
Originally posted by strickac:
So they get crickets to play sports over there? I knew third world countries did weird things, but man...

After they play them they bronze them.

Or covered in chocolate and sold at the market.

Or covered in chocolate and sold at the market.

There are some very strange things that happen.
Originally posted by redrose49er:
Thoroughly enjoyed England's recent Test series win in India, agree that many Indian players are somewhat overhyped. Pakistan look a good side. Looking forward to this summer's Ashes v Australia, I have tickets for the Old Trafford (Manchester) match.

Jammy!

India vs Pakistan is one serious sporting fixture. Both sides take those games to heart.
Originally posted by English:
Jammy!

India vs Pakistan is one serious sporting fixture. Both sides take those games to heart.

Da fug?

What is "jammy"? I'm married to a gal from England and have never heard that.
Originally posted by English:
Jammy!

Da fug?

What is "jammy"? I'm married to a gal from England and have never heard that.

Jammy is slang for lucky. IIRC it is a northern expression.