There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive innovator Chris Ault leaves Nevada, could head to NFL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/29/offensive-innovator-chris-ault-leaves-nevada-could-head-to-nfl/

"...Ault is an innovative offensive mind who created a modified shotgun offense that he calls the "pistol," and he has a lot of admirers among the NFL coaching ranks. Those admirers include 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman, who traveled to Nevada to learn from Ault and has started employing a lot of Ault's concepts in the 49ers' offense, run by one of Ault's former quarterbacks, Colin Kaepernick...."

Interesting, wonder what kind of role he might be interested in.
I would LOVE to see Roman accept a HC position in the college ranks and Ault come on in as OC.
Chris Dolt
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
I would LOVE to see Roman accept a HC position in the college ranks and Ault come on in as OC.

I don't. Im sick of the pistol offense. I would rather have us run a real offense that actually works
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

I don't. Im sick of the pistol offense. I would rather have us run a real offense that actually works

Kaep is our quarterback.
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ItouchMyself:

Kaep is our quarterback.

I never said he wasn't.

Kaep is our quarterback.

I never said he wasn't.

I never said you did.

Kaep is our quarterback.

I never said he wasn't.

I never said you did.

You both never said anything
  • IT21
  • Veteran

Kaep is our quarterback.

I never said he wasn't.

I never said you did.

I never said you said I did.

No more college offensive coordinators.

Kaep is our quarterback.

I never said he wasn't.

I never said you did.

I never said you said I did.

I never said you said I said you did.
Chris Dolt
Right lets run a gimmick college offense. Yeah that'll work...
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Dec 29, 2012 at 3:10 PM ]
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

They can certainly add in elements of it of course, I wouldn't mind Ault as an offensive assistant. Maybe bring in Pat Shurmur as the offensive coordinator and allow him and Ault to have a pow-wow and find ways to blend the WCO and Pistol together.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

They can certainly add in elements of it of course, I wouldn't mind Ault as an offensive assistant. Maybe bring in Pat Shurmur as the offensive coordinator and allow him and Ault to have a pow-wow and find ways to blend the WCO and Pistol together.
I guess if Ault wanted to learn how to run an NFL offense he might be interested. But more likely he's just going to go for a bigger name school imo. I like Pat Shurmer but I think he gets another opportunity to be a HC very soon (kind of like Turner except Shurmur's a better coach)