There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Foshay Wolverines Thread (LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!)

This is my HS squad. Probably better to make this than to spam the NBA thread.

We're 5-7 on the year, which I'm pretty happy about. The year before I took over we were 1-11, with an average margin of defeat of 30.5ppg. Last year we were 2-9 and cut our point differential in half, and this year we're at a -2.5. We closed out our non-conference schedule winning 4 out of 5 games, which is the first time that's happened at the school since 2004. Even more satisfying, this was without my 4 best guys, and my 2 leading scorers from last year. The kids are REALLY growing and showing a more thorough grasp of the game.

Tonight I got news that my 2 best players will be back on the team for league & (hopefully) playoffs, and the 3rd & 4th guys probably won't be eligible. This is great news. In non-conference I had a pretty small team that could shoot, but got murdered on the boards (which I share the blame in) and couldn't dribble penetrate. I get my two best rebounders back, and my best dribble penetrator back, which I'm really happy about. Defensively, our 2-3 Zone has been fairly effective, and our 1-3-1 is improving. Our zone press even created some turnovers, but we have a ways to go on the latter two.

Two of my guys made all-tournament in one of the tourneys we played, which I'm very proud of. If you want to support the team, there are links below. Even $5 helps.

PayPal: foshaybasketball@gmail.com
FundRazr: https://apps.facebook.com/fundrazr/activity/235f341cea7a4b0ba42da2b88adb8af1

Stats/Schedule/Record: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/foshay-learning-center-wolverines-(los-angeles,ca)/basketball/home.htm
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Feb 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM ]
Where are you in the picture?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Where are you in the picture?

I'm the short guy with the beard in the middle, with my hand on my player's shoulders, gettin' my Sandusky on.
are you standing or kneeling? Lol
Dat nigha Pitbull on the bottom right
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
If you want to support the team, there are links below. Even $5 helps.

$50 donated. Merry X-mas from StOnEy, SmOkEy, and Rasta.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Thank you!!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Thank you!!

My pleasure.

C'mon guys. Let's help Pete's team out. Like he said, even $5 helps.
The kid you awkwardly have your left hand on next to SF69ers looks like Brandon Lloyd if you zoom in
Originally posted by marshniners24:
The kid you awkwardly have your left hand on next to SF69ers looks like Brandon Lloyd if you zoom in

Originally posted by marshniners24:

LOL, he does. When I first met him, he was much more of a skater/surfer than a basketball player. Really good kid.
Here's the maxpreps link if anyone GAF.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/foshay-learning-center-wolverines-(los-angeles,ca)/basketball/home.htm
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Be a lot cooler if they were the Foshay Jacksons.
Or if it was Fo' Shay

Looks like I'm getting my 3rd best guy back too. I've been through a lot with this kid, and he's now on track to graduate. He's extremely undisciplined on the court, but he respects me and I think I'll be able to reign him in. He's far and away my most athletic guy. Very excited.