LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

High School Football

Does anyone follow high school football in Cali?
I'm really looking forward to the Folsom vs De La Salle game on Sat. De La Salle has not lost to a Nor Cal team in like 170+ games. They also have a new format up here that links up the best teams from the Sac region vs the Bay Area region. They battle it out to be the Nor Cal champ and get an opportunity to go to Carson to play the best in So Cal. First year of the format, and I think it's pretty awesome, bro.

If any of y'all are interested it will be shown on Comcast Sports Net for the Bay Area cats. For us poor saps in the Sac region, a Kings game is on at that time so we'll have to watch it on standard def on some weird channel (CHNO). It's also streamed live on youtube if any of the transplants are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C51fLoP8lpo
Isnt de la salle the best high school program in Cali? I unno, i heard very good things about them. I don't follow HS football.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Isnt de la salle the best high school program in Cali? I unno, i heard very good things about them. I don't follow HS football.

They are one of the best in the country. A football factory. They recruit kids to go there soley for football (even though they will lie about that). Folsom is really good this year though. Their offense is prolific, but it would be a pretty major upset. You're in Sac right? They are playing the game at Sac State if you don't got s**t to do. Tickets are cheap.
Originally posted by sacniner:
They are one of the best in the country. A football factory. They recruit kids to go there soley for football (even though they will lie about that). Folsom is really good this year though. Their offense is prolific, but it would be a pretty major upset. You're in Sac right? They are playing the game at Sac State if you don't got s**t to do. Tickets are cheap.

when's the game, doe? Sac St is my alma mater

when's the game, doe? Sac St is my alma mater

Saturday, 7:30. Hornets all day maf**kas. That's my s**t also.

Yeah I hate De La Salle. My hometown Antioch could have some really good football teams, but De La Salle steals all our players. Like MJD....
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Yeah I hate De La Salle. My hometown Antioch could have some really good football teams, but De La Salle steals all our players. Like MJD....

Lol how do school districts allow that to happen? I mean you can say they lie about it but they don't enforce that kind of stuff or what?
Originally posted by pelos21:
Lol how do school districts allow that to happen? I mean you can say they lie about it but they don't enforce that kind of stuff or what?

De La Salle is a private school. So they go to middle school football games (before the kids enter high school) and offer them a full scholership to their private school to play football.

I'm not really sure how to police that
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM ]

i thought they allowed de la salle to do it, but they're not allowed to participate in state championships? or at least that's how it was explained to me.....

De La Salle is a private school. So they go to middle school football games (before the kids enter high school) and offer them a full scholership to their private school to play football.

S

So it is legal then?

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

i thought they allowed de la salle to do it, but they're not allowed to participate in state championships? or at least that's how it was explained to me.....

That's pretty weird if that's true.

Lol Antioch

S

So it is legal then?

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

That's pretty weird if that's true.

yeah it's kinda like the deal that Notre Dame has with the NBC and the NCAA....... i guess. .

i never really looked into the deal with de la salle.
LONG LIVE NEVADA UNION FOOTBALL
Last year my Vaca Bulldogs beat Folsom
Originally posted by Zachary:
Last year my Vaca Bulldogs beat Folsom

That was LAST year man
Share 49ersWebzone