LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 137 users in the forums

What is the dumbest team name in all of sports?

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
St. Louis Cardinals... same for Zona

It's true. A cardinal is a little p***y bird. Not even a raptor. Just a little tweeting bird that gets eaten. Has nothing to do with it being your team.

And the fly into windows because they are stupid. Proof

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Nuggets is the worst name in team sports. Reminds me of Chicken McNuggets. Or butt nuggets.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butte_County_High_School

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Nuggets is the worst name in team sports. Reminds me of Chicken McNuggets. Or butt nuggets.

Or gold nuggets
browns is the worst by far. you cant help but thinkin of s**t, even if you didnt know their name was the browns lol
  • Garce
  • Veteran
any team name from the Lingerie Football League
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by cook49ers:
Names in general are pretty lame. Most teams (on the international level) just stick with their city names. Nothing wrong with being called San Francisco with the SF logo on our helmet. 49ers ? Really ?

Hornets ?
Raptors ?
Orioles ?
Red Sox ?
Packers ?
Browns ?

The entire system is a joke.

lol wut. Says the guy with 49ers in his name. You should just be cook

Los Angeles Dodgers
The whole thing about how names are dumb and it should just be the city, like how it is Internationally....Well teams like BARCELONA, or MANCHESTER UNITED....There is only 1 sport they play, so you're guaranteed to know who they're talking about. If the Jets, Giants, Mets, Yankess, Knicks, Nets, Red Bulls, Rangers didn't have names, I sure as hell wouldn't wanna guess who everyone was talking about. It is crucial in the US.

Having said that there are dumb names. Although I like Pelicans. I don't really care how "fierce" of an animal or thing a mascot is. Who really cares if a bird is weak like a cardinal, or a realllllllllly fierce rare one like an eagle? No one. A Pelican is much more unique though, and is going to be easier to market IMO.

For me, creativity and the way it fits your city is all that matters.

Ones I like: 49ers, Packers, Yankees, Knickerbockers, Pelicans etc.-

Ones I don't like that really didn't take thought or don't make sense for a city: Bengals, Cowboys, Jaguars, Wild, Raptors, TEXANS, Hawks etc

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
The whole thing about how names are dumb and it should just be the city, like how it is Internationally....Well teams like BARCELONA, or MANCHESTER UNITED....There is only 1 sport they play, so you're guaranteed to know who they're talking about. If the Jets, Giants, Mets, Yankess, Knicks, Nets, Red Bulls, Rangers didn't have names, I sure as hell wouldn't wanna guess who everyone was talking about. It is crucial in the US.

Having said that there are dumb names. Although I like Pelicans. I don't really care how "fierce" of an animal or thing a mascot is. Who really cares if a bird is weak like a cardinal, or a realllllllllly fierce rare one like an eagle? No one. A Pelican is much more unique though, and is going to be easier to market IMO.

Ones I don't like that really didn't take thought or don't make sense for a city: Bengals, Cowboys, Jaguars, Wild, Raptors, TEXANS, Hawks etc

Barcelona plays other sports too.

...and Cowboys make perfect sense for any team in Texas.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

Barcelona plays other sports too.

...and Cowboys make perfect sense for any team in Texas.

Really? I'm sure in San Fran people play handball, pool, backgammon...but they don't matter. I'm sure Barcelona plays other sports, but let's be real clear, it doesn't come close to soccer....I doubt their other sport have figures like Lionel Messi, plus they throw FC after so you know it futbol.

and I have lived in Dallas for 6 years....I haven't seen a cowboy yet. Maybe in Austin, Lubbock, Waco etc, or anywhere else but Dallas

Edit-yes I realize cowboys works in texas, I am just biased in my hate for the team since I live there... you're probably right
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Dec 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM ]
lakers
clippers
pelicans
Share 49ersWebzone