Not a member? Register Now!

Alabama vs Notre Dame: BCS Championship

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Wrong.

We beat MSU (when they were ranked), Michigan and Nebraska.

Schedule was soft, but make no mistake about it... if not for a bowl ban, the national title game would be ND vs. Ohio State.

Dude, there are at least six teams that could beat Ohio State relatively easily. Don't be fooled.

lol. Massive reading comprehension fail on your part. BTW, the BCS title is not, and never has been, about the best 2 teams playing for the NC. It's about the teams that get through the least unscathed. OSU is undefeated. It doesn't matter if Oregon or Texas A&M would prob beat them. If they were eligible for the BCS rankings they'd be #2.
Or if you are going to lose a game do it early so you have many weeks to climb back up. In the current system usually a team that drops a game late in the year has no chance playing for a title unless it is #1 beaten by a #2 or vice versa.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I'm going for ND, but I'm sensing an azz whipping!
Originally posted by titan:
I'm going for ND, but I'm sensing an azz whipping!

Its hard to see how ND will have a chance.

ND Close games: Purdue, Michigan, BYU, Stanford (OT), Pittsburgh (3 OT)
Alabama Close games: @ LSU, Texas A&M, Georgia
  • titan
  • Veteran
Alabama toyed with Michigan.

Michigan is trash
  • titan
  • Veteran

Michigan is trash

I know and they hung around vs ND
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
#5 on ND is a fkn beast.

Everett Golson!

GO IRISH!!!!

The #5 on the other side of the ball is even better. Not that it's gonna matter though.

Roll Tide.
Bama wins, even though I hate them. Teo is good, but very overrated.
[ Edited by strickac on Jan 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM ]
Originally posted by strickac:

This. I'm not even sure he was the best linebacker in the country at the end of the year.
Like Frank Leahy, Ara Parseghian, Dan Devine and Lou Holtz, tonight Brian Kelly joins fellow Notre Dame coaches who won the NC in their 3rd year.

#Believe

Originally posted by strickac:

This. I'm not even sure he was the best linebacker in the country at the end of the year.

Really? Who was a better LB?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
21 - 10 ND wins
I dont think this Bama team is unbeatable but I think they win tonight. I look for a fairly low scoring game with Alabama winning by 7. Initially I thought it would be a bigger margin but the bowl games have really made me question the strength of the SEC this year.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Like Frank Leahy, Ara Parseghian, Dan Devine and Lou Holtz, tonight Brian Kelly joins fellow Notre Dame coaches who won the NC in their 3rd year.

#Believe

Year 3.

We need:

-Two 8 or 9-minute scoring drives
-Our front seven to shed blocks
-Not have it come down to a late FG attempt

I have faith in our offensive weapons, coaching and D. But, based on the tale of the tape, 'bama's O-line appears to be the x-factor (haven't been able to see them in action this yr.)

I'll be DVRing it & hitting "play" 4hrs after live kickoff, so Ill check back much later.

GO IRISH!!!

[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Jan 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM ]
Nick Sabean is the best college football coach we have right now and tonight's win will put him near the top in the history of the game.