LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 164 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

Always seem to struggle against Cubs and Astros even when they are terrible. Bats did not show up tonight.
3-2 win over the hapless Cubs. . The bats have been extremely quiet these 1st two games.
[ Edited by LarryT1974 on Jul 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
a wins a win..I'll take it

W 56-35
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Matt Carpenter is good

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=28832275&c_id=stl
  • jrg
  • Veteran
my aunt is up there this weekend

• iohk
  • Veteran
Rarely post anymore.... But still follow the cardinals religiously.

Matty carp is the glue to this lineup, he's an excellent lead off hitter and seems to have timely hits whenever we need him not to mention is a stud at 2b.

Expecting big things from Holliday in the second half, he struggled recently but has been showing signs of his old self in the last week or so. It's a shame he got hurt but the all star break should be beneficial to him.

Mujica closing games has been a bright spot this year. I swear he has the dirtiest splitter I've seen in a long while it really falls off right as it enters the strike zone and I see hitters just look foolish as they dribble it in the infield.

Big city needs more at bats, he's got an excellent swing and given a full season I think he can hit with average and 35+ bombs.

Just felt like touching on a few points
Go birds!
Originally posted by jrg:
Down 3-0 and Holliday just left the game grabbing his hamstring

Great

Good news for Matt Adams though.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iohk:
Rarely post anymore.... But still follow the cardinals religiously.

Matty carp is the glue to this lineup, he's an excellent lead off hitter and seems to have timely hits whenever we need him not to mention is a stud at 2b.

Expecting big things from Holliday in the second half, he struggled recently but has been showing signs of his old self in the last week or so. It's a shame he got hurt but the all star break should be beneficial to him.

Mujica closing games has been a bright spot this year. I swear he has the dirtiest splitter I've seen in a long while it really falls off right as it enters the strike zone and I see hitters just look foolish as they dribble it in the infield.

Big city needs more at bats, he's got an excellent swing and given a full season I think he can hit with average and 35+ bombs.

Just felt like touching on a few points
Go birds!

Hell yeah man! Post more!

Matt Carpenter is slowly becoming one of my favorite players. Dude just does everything right. He never seemed like it, but is slowly becoming a prototypical lead off man. ALWAYS on base. Crazy, because a few years ago he was a 250lb dude partying and drinking all the time. Decided to turn his life around. Now he is an All Star.

Holliday is ALWAYS a late bloomer. Especially in STL. As the weather heats up, so does he. Sucks he got hurt because he was just really getting going.

Mujica is silly good. He has some filthy stuff. Doesn't have the normal overpowering fastball you'd expect of a closer, but everything else is nasty.

I agree with Adams. Him alone makes me wish the Cardinals were in the AL. Dude just rakes every time he plays. I can definitely see some serious power potential from him.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Down 3-0 and Holliday just left the game grabbing his hamstring

Great

Good news for Matt Adams though.

True. I'd like for him to start, but its also nice to have that big LH bat off the bench.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I'll tell you who nobody mentions, but I watch every single game and I'm a HUGE fan of this guy.

Kevin Siegrist. He isn't necessarily a big prospect like a lot of our guys, but this guy just dominates every time he comes in.

LHP that throws 95-96 MPH gas

• jrg
  • Veteran
Just hits everything.

His nickname is very simple "No Gloves"

Vladdy Guererro like...no batting gloves...haha

Hits everything, solid defense, plays 1B, 2B, 3B, LF, RF, emergency C

he won us this game

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM ]
Just hits everything.

His nickname is very simple "No Gloves"

Vladdy Guererro like...no batting gloves...haha

Hits everything, solid defense, plays 1B, 2B, 3B, LF, RF, emergency C

he won us this game

You should call him "pee hands".
  • jrg
  • Veteran

lol why

lol why

Years ago Moises Alou revealed that he, and players who dont use batting gloves, often make a habit of peeing on their hands to alleviate callouses. Jorge Posada admitted it too. lol Posada said "Its true, you wouldnt want to shake my hand after an interview."
  • jrg
  • Veteran

lol why

Years ago Moises Alou revealed that he, and players who dont use batting gloves, often make a habit of peeing on their hands to alleviate callouses. Jorge Posada admitted it too. lol Posada said "Its true, you wouldnt want to shake my hand after an interview."

Derp. I knew that.

Matt Carpenter
Share 49ersWebzone