There are 187 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
A's beat Pirates 2-1

Cardinals now sole possession of 1st again...as well as the best record in the MLB
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 8, 2013 at 7:19 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:
Pujols still lives in St. Louis and calls it "home"

His Pujols Family Foundation Golf Tournament:

Still think he will some part of the Cardinals organization at some point

Well he did move to a smog infested pit for $$$. Not much to miss once your contract is up in LA.

Plus didnt he grow up in KC? At least for HS. He will probably end up as the Cards hitting coach someday.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Wiggington is gone!
Wiggington is gone!

Next needs to be Jon Jay. Dude is an automatic out. Bring Taveras up to replace him. Good CF but never been a great hitter, Taveras should be a perrenial all-star
[ Edited by LarryT1974 on Jul 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
Wiggington is gone!

Next needs to be Jon Jay. Dude is an automatic out. Bring Taveras up to replace him. Good CF but never been a great hitter, Taveras should be a perrenial all-star

No way I'd cut him. He isn't starter quality this season, but isn't as bad as Wiggington. I'd take Jay as our 4th OF over Shane Robinson. I'd like Taveras to get called up as well though. Start him in CF. He has been playing CF down in Memphis (when healthy)
i remember last year when you were sucking off Jon Jay as the next big thing, lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
i remember last year when you were sucking off Jon Jay as the next big thing, lol

Next big thing? lol no, I'm a fan of the guy tho

he was a .305 hitter and consistently got on base as our lead off hitter

he's swinging for a little more power this year and it's effecting his avg
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Molina back in lineup tonight

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Jenifer Langosch ‏@LangoschMLB10m
The #STLCards have traded RHP Mitchell Boggs to Colorado.

First Wiggington and now this?!

I guess Jay is acceptable as a late defensive sub. I don't know what's happened, but he has been absolutely abysmal at the plate.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
I guess Jay is acceptable as a late defensive sub. I don't know what's happened, but he has been absolutely abysmal at the plate.

I think he'll get going. He has had previous success and is still young. 2/4 seasons he is right around .300
  • jrg
  • Veteran
1.5 games up on PIT now
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Wainwright Says He'd Rather Mujica Play in All Star Game

Adam likely won't pitch anyway due to his schedule
Seems like we are back on track and winning games that we should. Waino was great tonight and gets the win.
Pitt and Reds lose which helps. 3 teams in the NL Central with 50+ wins before the break. Ridiculous.
[ Edited by LarryT1974 on Jul 10, 2013 at 5:33 AM ]
Jenifer Langosch ‏@LangoschMLB10m
The #STLCards have traded RHP Mitchell Boggs to Colorado.

First Wiggington and now this?!

lol for "international signing bonus slot number 4". Basically, the Cards were willing to give him up for a lottery ticket on some 15 year old Dominican kid.
Share 49ersWebzone