• Veteran
lol

Originally posted by jrg:
lol

Zimmerman pitches like this all year it wont be a competition
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Bernie Bytes: Cards' rotation chasing history

The Cardinals have received a quality start in 75 percent of their games. Since the pitching mound was lowered in 1969, no STL rotation has produced such a high rate of quality starts.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/bernie-bytes-cards-rotation-chasing-history/article_8efe7e68-64b0-5c92-8deb-243044c299b1.html#.UYwV9jgSyb4.facebook
I know our pitching is lights out right now, buy is it wrong that the only one I have faith in to maintain this level of production is Waino. Garcia, Lynn and Westbrook have started out similarly hot but could not sustain it last year (or year before in Garcia's case). Miller doesn't have a history to go on yet. On that note, did he pitch enough innings last year to dq him from rookie status this year, or does he still qualify?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
I know our pitching is lights out right now, buy is it wrong that the only one I have faith in to maintain this level of production is Waino. Garcia, Lynn and Westbrook have started out similarly hot but could not sustain it last year (or year before in Garcia's case). Miller doesn't have a history to go on yet. On that note, did he pitch enough innings last year to dq him from rookie status this year, or does he still qualify?

I have faith in Lynn. He lost nearly 40lbs to be able to lad and put on some muscle. Garcia could be very solid, or injured again. With Miller, the sky is the limit. Anything positive we get out of Westbrook I will take. His job will be Carlos Martinez spot in the rotation eventually.

Regarding Miller I think he may still have rookie status. Not 100% on it though.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Start of a 10 game home stand

think I'm gonna get tickets for tonight
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Chris Carpenter is throwing in the bullpen right now. Will address the media within the hour. #STLCards

Carpenter 2B
Beltran RF
Holliday LF
Craig 1B
Molina C
Jay CF
Freese 3B
Kozma SS
Miller P
[ Edited by jrg on May 10, 2013 at 1:51 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Carpenter threw 70 pitches today

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:

they say hes gonna move to the bullpen, but i find it nearly impossible for him to not take the mound when the playoffs start

1. Wainwright
2. Lynn
3. Garcia
4. Miller
5. Carpenter

LOL

up 2-0

beltran goes deep...again
[ Edited by jrg on May 10, 2013 at 6:23 PM ]

• jrg
  • Veteran
Shelby Miller may already be the best pitcher on this team.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
4IP
1H
0R

• jrg
  • Veteran
4IP
1H
0R

6IP