11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

4-2 win, back in 1st place
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Lance Lynn now 5-0 the past two seasons

[ Edited by jrg on May 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM ]
bullpen almost blows another solid start by Westbrook. hopefully Motte can return soon and Mo can make some deal before the deadline to settle this issue. really sad because our bullpen was so solid last season.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Carlos Martinez is here!

Huge SP prospect

Also (and even better), Mitchell Boggs is gone
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Jason Motte officially done for the season

Undergoing Tommy John surgery
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Cards win again 6-1. Miller is looking to be as advertised so far. Throw in Martinez and our pitching gets better. Sucks about Motte, but Mujica has been solid so far.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
Cards win again 6-1. Miller is looking to be as advertised so far. Throw in Martinez and our pitching gets better. Sucks about Motte, but Mujica has been solid so far.

Best record in the NL
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Hoping Wainwright can keep it up

Lynn 5-0 2.75 ERA
Waino 4-2 2.03 ERA
Garcia 3-1 2.50 ERA
Westbrook 2-1 1.07 ERA
Miller 4-2 1.96 ERA

Cards win again. They're on one heck of a roll right now
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Keep it going! 19-11
I expect Martinez to come out of the pen until about mid-season when Westbrook begins to falter again. He started out strong last season but faltered down the stretch. Martinez will be our insurance in case it happens again.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
I expect Martinez to come out of the pen until about mid-season when Westbrook begins to falter again. He started out strong last season but faltered down the stretch. Martinez will be our insurance in case it happens again.

I hope that doesn't happen only because I want Westbrook to succeed and I like having ANOTHER fireballer in the bullpen stashed when we need him. The LAST thing I want to do is take away from the bullpen. They're the only reason we don't have 20+ wins.
I just don't trust Westbrook. Would've preferred to re-sign Lohse and cut Westbrook. Hope he proves me wrong
Share 49ersWebzone