• Veteran
BACK TO BACK NIGHTS!!! WOOOOOOO

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 8, 2014 at 11:13 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Oh....and Jake Peavy better not cost us much
Originally posted by jrg:

Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch was told by a Cardinals source that the team is "looking for offense" rather than a pitcher like Jake Peavy.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch was told by a Cardinals source that the team is "looking for offense" rather than a pitcher like Jake Peavy.

I hope so. We need a big bat. Adrian Beltre is someone I was hoping for. Move Carpenter back to 2B. (Hard to say after Wong walkoff HR tonight)

I just saw this a second ago

Rumors about Peavy to Cards pick up steam

Cardinals have been after Peavy for years now. Thought a deal was imminent after a top prospect (Randall Grichuk) was removed from the starting lineup in AAA tonight.
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 8, 2014 at 9:18 PM ]
Cards playing well and Brewers are faltering. Problem is Pitt and Cincy are right back into it. Strongest division in baseball. Every team has a winning record.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
Cards playing well and Brewers are faltering. Problem is Pitt and Cincy are right back into it. Strongest division in baseball. Every team has a winning record.

All the real teams at least.

Haha, but yeah. I like the way the team is playing right now. The wins are nice, but I'm mainly happy to see us actually hitting the ball.

14 hits tonight...11 yesterday
Tom ‏@Haudricourt 9m Cardinals GM John Mozeliak has called press conference to talk about Yadier Molina's thumb injury. Sounds serious.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Tom ‏@Haudricourt 9m Cardinals GM John Mozeliak has called press conference to talk about Yadier Molina's thumb injury. Sounds serious.

Rumor: Yadi has a torn ligament in this right thumb. Surgery required, 8-12 week rehab. ‪#‎STLCards‬

Originally posted by valrod33:

Rumor: Yadi has a torn ligament in this right thumb. Surgery required, 8-12 week rehab. ‪#‎STLCards‬

Steroids finally catching up to him
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Confirmed: Yadi has torn ligament that requires surgery. Out 8-12 weeks.

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 10, 2014 at 1:48 PM ]
Sorry to see that man.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Sorry to see that man.

All good. Tony Cruz is a pretty solid backup, so we'll be alright. Molina hasn't been having his best year offensively, so hopefully it won't be TOO much of a drop. Defensively plus all the small intangibles he brings to the team is what they'll miss most.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
What a great win last night. Down 6-0. Won 7-6.
Share 49ersWebzone