There are 292 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

Ricky Mast ‏@RickyMast Atlanta's ground crew has the field ready for this weekend's Braves-Cardinals series:

• jrg
  • Veteran
^
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
ESPN reporting that the Cardinals are working on a deal that would send Carlos Martinez, Kolten Wong, and Joe Kelly to the White Sox for Jake Peavy and Alexei Ramirez
Would not give up so much for those two.
Originally posted by jrg:
ESPN reporting that the Cardinals are working on a deal that would send Carlos Martinez, Kolten Wong, and Joe Kelly to the White Sox for Jake Peavy and Alexei Ramirez

lol that would be such a stupid trade. Maybe Mozeliak will take advice from Sabean and swap out Martinez for Taveras at the last minute.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jul 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM ]

that's a steal for the white Sox
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Ya, hope this isn't true
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Jake Peavy trade is imminent

Jake Peavy has cleared his belongings from the White Sox's clubhouse and is prepared to be traded soon, reports ESPNChicago.com's Bruce Levine. "It is sad to think that this is probably my last day in here," Peavy said this morning. "We all realize the reality of the situation and I am prepared with that to happen soon. If I am not traded I would be happy to know the message here is we think we can win it all next year with you a part of it. I am reflecting on my four years here as we speak and getting a little caught up in the emotion. It is a sad day when you think it could be your last. This is a business and this is what we do. I will always cherish the people here and my time in Chicago." Here are the other rumors involving Peavy today:

The White Sox have shown no interest in absorbing any of the approximately $24MM owed Peavy and that, along with health concerns, are big issues for the Braves,Orioles, Cardinals, and even the Dodgers, tweets ESPN's Jayson Stark.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Good interview. Craig is batting .485 with RISP. That is #1 all time ahead of George Brett who hit .466. Highest in the NL was from Tony Gwynn at .459

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM ]

Jake Peavy trade is imminent

Jake Peavy has cleared his belongings from the White Sox's clubhouse and is prepared to be traded soon, reports ESPNChicago.com's Bruce Levine. "It is sad to think that this is probably my last day in here," Peavy said this morning. "We all realize the reality of the situation and I am prepared with that to happen soon. If I am not traded I would be happy to know the message here is we think we can win it all next year with you a part of it. I am reflecting on my four years here as we speak and getting a little caught up in the emotion. It is a sad day when you think it could be your last. This is a business and this is what we do. I will always cherish the people here and my time in Chicago." Here are the other rumors involving Peavy today:

The White Sox have shown no interest in absorbing any of the approximately $24MM owed Peavy and that, along with health concerns, are big issues for the Braves,Orioles, Cardinals, and even the Dodgers, tweets ESPN's Jayson Stark.

Cards Standing Pat???
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/cardinals-unlikely-to-make-big-move-at-deadline.html
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Jeez. Get us out of Atlanta
  • jrg
  • Veteran
MASSIVE 5 GAME SERIES with the Pirates (including doubleheader on Tuesday)

Westbrook (7-4) @ Liriano (10-4)
Lyons (2-3) @ Burnett (4-7)
Lynn (12-5) @ Gomez (2-0)
Wainwright (13-6) @ Locke (9-3)
Kelly (1-3) @ Morton (3-2)

Including 2 days off during all of this

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 29, 2013 at 2:31 AM ]
Jeez. Get us out of Atlanta

Been enjoying the Tomahawk Chop music?
Share 49ersWebzone