• jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Molina is good.

Proof

Nothing like hearing "Yadi, Yadi, Yadi" in another teams stadium
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 14, 2013 at 9:09 PM ]
I picked up Matt Adams for $3 in my keeper league due to the Holliday injury. everyone the Cards touch turns to gold, so i figured it was a good stash.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
I picked up Matt Adams for $3 in my keeper league due to the Holliday injury. everyone the Cards touch turns to gold, so i figured it was a good stash.

dude can seriously hit
Originally posted by jrg:

dude can seriously hit

I may not even have room to keep him, but who knows.

Is there any way his playing time goes up enough in the 2nd half to get regular AB's? Holliday probably isnt going to stay healthy all year, and they can move Craig to the OF. Between a gimpy Holliday and crappy Jon Jay, they should try and find more playing time for Adams.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

dude can seriously hit

Is there any way his playing time goes up enough in the 2nd half to get regular AB's? Holliday probably isnt going to stay healthy all year, and they can move Craig to the OF. Between a gimpy Holliday and crappy Jon Jay, they should try and find more playing time for Adams.

Adams is hard to deal with fantasy wise. You call Holliday "gimpy", but he was starting to get hot when he got hurt. Jay is having a down year, but the only people that can replace him are Shane Robinson or Oscar Taveras. It is so hard to get Adams ABs because of 1B/LF/RF we have to mix in Craig/Beltran/Holliday/Adams. Matheny is trying to get Adams in to give Beltran/Holliday some rest..but man, Adams makes me wish the Cardinals were in the AL.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
BTW, this insanity popped up on my YouTube playlist tonight....this was pretty cool (my favorite baseball game EVER)

• jrg
  • Veteran

dude can seriously hit

Adams is hard to deal with fantasy wise. You call Holliday "gimpy", but he was starting to get hot when he got hurt. Jay is having a down year, but the only people that can replace him are Shane Robinson or Oscar Taveras. It is so hard to get Adams ABs because of 1B/LF/RF we have to mix in Craig/Beltran/Holliday/Adams. Matheny is trying to get Adams in to give Beltran/Holliday some rest..but man, Adams makes me wish the Cardinals were in the AL.

Something tells me this most recent hamstring issue Holliday ran into isnt going to just be the "couple days of rest" variety.

Have you tried Beltran back in CF at all this year? I know he doesnt have the legs anymore, but isnt the downgrade in defense worth the jump from Jay to Adams in the lineup?
  • jrg
  • Veteran

dude can seriously hit

Something tells me this most recent hamstring issue Holliday ran into isnt going to just be the "couple days of rest" variety.

Have you tried Beltran back in CF at all this year? I know he doesnt have the legs anymore, but isnt the downgrade in defense worth the jump from Jay to Adams in the lineup?

Holliday was "ready" the last few games @CHC..they're giving him the extended time to get ready for the 2nd half. Although, as you mentioned...hamstring injuries aren't always quick.

Beltran has not played CF all season. Jon Jay has a historic "0 error streak" going...so either him or Robinson has been there. I'm with you though..I've mentioned this before..even at the worst...once a week. Throw Beltran in CF. Instead, what they do is give Beltran days off and move Craig to the OF. Matheny has had a healthy balance so far, but I wish Adams could get more ABs. He just hits.

• jrg
  • Veteran
On their way to NY

Yadi leading the NL in batting average at the break. This dude has come a long ways
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
Yadi leading the NL in batting average at the break. This dude has come a long ways

Remember when he was a .240 hitter? Haha
Originally posted by LarryT1974:

Remember when he was a .240 hitter? Haha
steroids
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Sold out to watch Carp in Springfield

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 15, 2013 at 6:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone