LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:
You ever gone up in that Arch jrg? I saw some bit about how it was originally built to control the weather or something lol.

Ya, I've been up there a few times. Not too good when it comes to heights so dunno if I will again. Haha really? I've never read much up on it.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

No Adams.

Jay CF
Carpenter 2B
Holliday LF
Craig 1B
Beltran RF
Molina C
Freese 3B
Kozma SS
Miller P
[ Edited by jrg on Apr 12, 2013 at 2:00 PM ]
Hey James. Sorry I haven't posted as much as I should here considering the lack of Cards fans. Seems like the team started a little sluggish but playing better lately. Hope they can put a little run together. How is the pitching looking? I know Motte is out, but not sure about the rest. Did Waino turn it around after getting blasted in the opener?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
Hey James. Sorry I haven't posted as much as I should here considering the lack of Cards fans. Seems like the team started a little sluggish but playing better lately. Hope they can put a little run together. How is the pitching looking? I know Motte is out, but not sure about the rest. Did Waino turn it around after getting blasted in the opener?

No worries man. Sluggish..I guess. I mean a loss is a loss, but our losses have been weird. One was a 16 inning game, one we lost 1-0 because we walked a run in, another we had the Reds beat all game til the 9th inning. Just weird stuff. Pitching has been great. The starting pitching for sure. Wainwright bounced back and went 7 innings and got the win @SF. Lynn had a 10K game. Garcia has had a 10K game. Westbrook had a CG SHO vs. the Reds. Miller is pitching now and looks unbelievable. Has a 1 hitter going. 7IP 1H 0R 0BB 8K. Yadi just hit a HR in the 7th to make it 2-0 Cardinals.

This team is MUCH better than its record shows. 2nd in MLB in runs so far, SP has been amazing, and bullpen has been solid. Only issue all season has been that 9th inning by the bullpen a few days ago. Boggs bounced back the next day though and retired Votto, Phillips, Bruce all in order in the 9th.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Shelby Miller is good. Miller vs. the guy he replaced. Retired 17 straight to finish up his night.

[ Edited by jrg on Apr 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
W
  • jrg
  • Veteran

• jrg
  • Veteran
Wainwright has a shutout going in the 6th inning with 8 Ks

He is also 3-3 with 2RBI

LOL
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

He is also 3-3 with 2RBI

LOL

Wow..that's impressive! 3-3 is very impressive.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by jrg:

He is also 3-3 with 2RBI

LOL

Wow..that's impressive! 3-3 is very impressive.

8-0 in the 6th. Lineup on the second time through

• jrg
  • Veteran
W

8-0 FINAL

Adam Wainwright

9IP 4H 0R 0BB 12K

3-3 2RBI

First day wearing new uniforms
[ Edited by jrg on Apr 13, 2013 at 4:10 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran