There are 142 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

I wish this would mean he gets the 5th starter role. He has so much more uspide than Joe Kelly!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I wish this would mean he gets the 5th starter role. He has so much more uspide than Joe Kelly!

I think they want to use him as a set-up guy for Rosenthal. Motte won't be ready to start the season.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Carlos Martinez pitched 5 1/3 innings of one-run ball against the Twins on Wednesday.

Advice: Martinez allowed three hits, walked one and struck out four. With a 1.76 ERA to date, he's certainly outpitched Joe Kelly this spring. Still, the speculation of late has the Cardinals putting him back in the pen anyway. If they go that route, then the whole idea of a competition will have been a sham.

(Rotoworld.com)
Carlos Martinez pitched 5 1/3 innings of one-run ball against the Twins on Wednesday.

Advice: Martinez allowed three hits, walked one and struck out four. With a 1.76 ERA to date, he's certainly outpitched Joe Kelly this spring. Still, the speculation of late has the Cardinals putting him back in the pen anyway. If they go that route, then the whole idea of a competition will have been a sham.

(Rotoworld.com)

spring training doesn't mean s**t the way Kelly pitched in the second half of the season last year should automatically give him a spot this year.Jrg I agree should be used as a setup man until motte comes back.Then he can be used in the 7th or even 6 and 7 lights out bullpen.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:

(Rotoworld.com)

spring training doesn't mean s**t the way Kelly pitched in the second half of the season last year should automatically give him a spot this year.Jrg I agree should be used as a setup man until motte comes back.Then he can be used in the 7th or even 6 and 7 lights out bullpen.

Really can't go wrong with either. Both of them are awesome.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Larry you really need to come check out a game now. Newest addition

• jrg
  • Veteran
1-0
Strong start for Waino and Yadi showing why he is the best player on the team. I really plan on coming to Stl this season...probably needs to be vs Pirates or Reds

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
Strong start for Waino and Yadi showing why he is the best player on the team. I really plan on coming to Stl this season...probably needs to be vs Pirates or Reds

Let me know man. I'll do my best to try and make it down there.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
james, i saw these and thought of you:

Originally posted by luv49rs:
james, i saw these and thought of you:

Coming from a cubs fan.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Post a pic of you wearing them Sara

Brewers off to a 9-2 start, wtf? The real question is are they really good and can they sustain it or are they just off to a hot start and will fade in a few weeks. My guess (and hope) is the latter.
Share 49ersWebzone