LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Joe Kelly has been insane lately
U guys better beat the Dodgers in the playoffs.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
so inconsistent
Originally posted by pdizo916:
U guys better beat the Dodgers in the playoffs.

They need to get to that point first. Not a guarantee at all.
Choking away the division
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Pretty pathetic offensive attack lately

Wacha was great tonight
  • jrg
  • Veteran

link
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Allen Craig leaves game hurt

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

Matt Adams tho

How bad?

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

How bad?

no report yet. will know tomorrow.

early report is "sprained left foot"
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Probably the biggest W of the season so far
Were going to find out how legit the Pirates are in the next few weeks.

Its a good story, and im pulling for them to win the NL, but I just dont know if they have the experience or grit to do it on their first try. They have a lot of young kids that have never faced postseason pressure, their starting staff isnt up to par with the other contenders in the NL, and it seems like they rely so heavily on one player to determine what kind of roll they are on.

Liriano/Burnett just isnt going to scare anyone in a short series. They better hope Andrew McCutchen is hot come October.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
That's kinda how I look at it. I just don't know if they have what it takes to keep up with St. Louis or even maybe Cincinatti. We'll see though. Like you said..great story, but I dunno if they'll be able to hang down the stretch. More road games than home.

Big 3 game series in STL coming up for them.
That's kinda how I look at it. I just don't know if they have what it takes to keep up with St. Louis or even maybe Cincinatti. We'll see though. Like you said..great story, but I dunno if they'll be able to hang down the stretch. More road games than home.

Big 3 game series in STL coming up for them.

If you guys can get hot again soon, I think you could take the division. The Cards have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way, and mostly at home.

If PIT has to play a Wild Card game they are in trouble. Burning Liriano on a 1 game playoff would put them in horrible shape to face ATL or LA. I think Jeff Locke turning back into a pumpkin was a big blow. Having Gerrit Cole or Charlie Morton as a 3 in a playoff series is bad news.

At this point im fine with whoever wins the NL as long as somebody takes out the Dodgers.
Share 49ersWebzone