LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Ugh....

@JoeStrauss on Chris Carpenter after tonight: "He appears closer to the end than a return." ‪#‎STLCards‬

This surprises you? He probably shouldnt have even been pitching last year. Its time to call it a career.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Ugh....

@JoeStrauss on Chris Carpenter after tonight: "He appears closer to the end than a return." ‪#‎STLCards‬

This surprises you? He probably shouldnt have even been pitching last year. Its time to call it a career.

Of course it does. He has been rehabbing and having success. No more pain. I think that tweet last night was based off his performance last night. Gave up a bunch of hits. I don't care about the hits right now. Mainly care about him reaching his pitch count goal without pain. The hits will go down the stronger he gets.
Ugh....

Of course it does. He has been rehabbing and having success. No more pain. I think that tweet last night was based off his performance last night. Gave up a bunch of hits. I don't care about the hits right now. Mainly care about him reaching his pitch count goal without pain. The hits will go down the stronger he gets.

The Cards have a pretty good staff. Im not sure how useful hed be at age 38 coming off injuries. You could probably do better in that last bullpen spot.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Ugh....

The Cards have a pretty good staff. Im not sure how useful hed be at age 38 coming off injuries. You could probably do better in that last bullpen spot.

Wainwright has been the only consistent one lately. Miller seems like he is getting tired. Lynn has been awful lately. ERA over 4. Westbrook is either good or awful. Still no #5 SP.

Carpenter coming back is the goal, but if not I'm pretty confident well trade for a SP. Cardinals reportedly had scouts at Jake Peavys start last night.

It'd just be nice to see him make the comeback...again. Everyone thought his career was over. I still believe he'll pitch in the MLB this season.
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
WOW

What a way to end it!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Would be nice to see Allen Craig get his power game going.

.332 avg
10 HR
77 RBI

Wainwright also moves on to become the first 13 game winner in the NL

13-5
2.44 ERA
137 K
1.02 WHIP

59-37 now

Day off tomorrow and then the Phillies..could have 60 wins shortly after the AS break Tuesday

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 21, 2013 at 8:44 PM ]
Would be nice to see Allen Craig get his power game going.

.332 avg
10 HR
77 RBI

Wainwright also moves on to become the first 13 game winner in the NL

13-5
2.44 ERA
137 K
1.02 WHIP

59-37 now

Day off tomorrow and then the Phillies..could have 60 wins shortly after the AS break Tuesday

What are you going to spend Knowledge's money on? I dont bet, but ive always thought it could be such an easy racket to make money off of overconfident fans. lol
Mujica has been looking a little shaky lately but great defense has been picking him up. Still very little breathing room, but the Reds did win 2 out of 4 vs the Pirates who are now 2 games back. Another strong outing for Waino.
trade us matt carpenter

we'll give Daric Barton back to you guys
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
trade us matt carpenter

Didn't know you were a comedian.

Holy crap. After a 3 game series with Philly, we have a 10 game road trip vs Atlanta, Pitt, and Cinci with no days off. Brutal.

• jrg
  • Veteran
What are you going to spend Knowledge's money on? I dont bet, but ive always thought it could be such an easy racket to make money off of overconfident fans. lol

Haha, he probably won't pay me

Originally posted by LarryT1974:
Mujica has been looking a little shaky lately but great defense has been picking him up. Still very little breathing room, but the Reds did win 2 out of 4 vs the Pirates who are now 2 games back. Another strong outing for Waino.

Yeah has has been. We barely escaped that one. All 3 outs were on hard hit balls. Thankfully Craig saved the day.

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
trade us matt carpenter

HA!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Cardinals are one of 2 teams in on trading for Jake Peavy

Consolation prize if Carpenter can't pitch.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:

Consolation prize if Carpenter can't pitch.

True.

In other news, Craig now tied for RBI lead in the NL
  • jrg
  • Veteran
W 60-37

Nice to see Shelby Miller get back to normal

Lannan (2-3) @ Westbrook (6-4) tomorrow night
Share 49ersWebzone